Stay informed about the important events of August 15, 2023, in Hindi & English.
As the world progresses, staying updated with current affairs is crucial. This article presents a concise overview of the key events that took place on August 15, 2023, in both Hindi and English, ensuring you’re well-informed about the day’s happenings.
1. Zoological Survey of India Releases Publication on Endemic Birds
The Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) recently released a publication titled “75 Endemic Birds of India.” This report highlights that about 5% of birds found in India are endemic, not found in other parts of the world. The publication was launched on the 108th foundation day of ZSI. India is home to 1,353 bird species, and among them, 78 (5%) are endemic to the country.
2. Indian Buddhist Culture and Heritage Centre in Nepal
Construction has commenced for the Indian Buddhist Culture and Heritage Centre in Lumbini, Nepal. The center is set to be built using zero-net technology and is estimated to be completed within one and a half years. The center’s construction began after a Bhumi Pujan ceremony attended by Buddhist monks and was inaugurated during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Lumbini in 2022.
3. India Supports Sri Lanka’s Digital Identity Project
India has provided financial assistance of ₹45 crore to support Sri Lanka’s unique digital identity project. This project aims to collect biographic and biometric data, including facial, iris, and fingerprint information, which will be stored in a centralized system. The advance payment constitutes 15% of the total funds needed for the project’s successful implementation.
4. HS Prannoy Finishes Runner-Up at Australian Open Badminton
Indian badminton player HS Prannoy secured the runner-up position at the Australian Open Super 500 badminton tournament. Despite a tough three-game match, he lost to China’s Weng Hong Yang in the men’s singles finals. This follows his victory at the Malaysia Masters earlier this year, where he defeated the same opponent in a three-game play.
5. Climate Risk Horizons’ Report ‘Still Unprepared’
A report titled “Still Unprepared,” released by Climate Risk Horizons, highlights that major banks in India are unprepared to address climate risks, despite the country facing numerous extreme weather events. The report ranks banks based on criteria such as Fossil Fuel Exclusion Policy, Emissions Disclosure, Climate scenario analysis, and Net Zero Targets.
Quick Current Affairs:
- Jio Haptik awarded Tech Startup of the Year (AI) at Entrepreneur India Awards.
- India’s first post office near LoC inaugurated in Kupwara, Jammu and Kashmir.
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.5%.
- ‘Rajouri Chikri Woodcraft’ receives GI tag in Jammu and Kashmir.
- India ranks sixth in Internet Resilience Index.
- Suryakumar Yadav becomes joint second fastest batsman to hit 100 T20I sixes.
- Sanjay Kumar Agarwal appointed Chairman of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs.
- Subhasis Talapatra sworn in as Chief Justice of Orissa High Court.
- Vaibhav Taneja appointed new CFO of Tesla.
- Australia to host 10-day Malabar Exercise.
- Global Summit on Traditional Medicine: The Ministry of AYUSH, in collaboration with the World Health Organization (WHO), is organizing the Global Summit on Traditional Medicine in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, on August 17-18, 2023.
- Follow us on Facebook , Telegram and Twitter for the latest updates and Daily Current Affairs
- Subscribe to our website for more updates on upcoming exams and results.
Thank you for taking the time to read about the events of August 15, 2023. Stay connected with us for daily updates by subscribing and following us on our platforms.