Stay informed about the significant events and developments from August 22, 2023, through this concise recap of current affairs.
Current Affairs Newsletter – August 22, 2023
In a fast-paced world, staying informed is key. Discover the noteworthy events and headlines that marked August 22, 2023.
- WHO Global Summit on Traditional Medicine: The WHO Global Summit on Traditional Medicine, co-hosted by India’s Ministry of Ayush, has concluded with the Gujarat Declaration. The importance of Traditional Medicine for achieving Universal Health Coverage was emphasized, and India’s efforts to expand Traditional Medicine were discussed.
- Bankers Institute of Rural Development Round Table Discussion: A discussion was held at BIRD, Lucknow, focusing on the bankability of SVAMITVA property cards. The aim was to enable rural citizens to use their property as a financial asset for loans. Experts from various committees and banks participated, discussing property card usage, transferability, and more.
- TRAI Recommendations on DTH Services: TRAI released recommendations on “License Fee and Policy Matters of DTH Services” to address financial aspects of DTH services, proposing changes in license fees calculation and encouraging electronic bank guarantees.
- Government Securities Re-issue: The Government of India announced the re-issue of three government securities, with auctions conducted by the Reserve Bank of India, aiming to raise funds.
- NeSDA Report on E-Service Delivery: The Ministry of Personnel released the fifth edition of the ‘NeSDA – Way Forward Monthly Report for States/UTs,’ highlighting e-service delivery progress across the country.
- 15th BRICS Summit Hosted by South Africa: The 15th BRICS summit is being hosted by South Africa. Leaders from Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa are converging to discuss strategic partnerships and regional cooperation.
- Rajya Sabha Welcomes 9 New Members: Nine new members took the oath in the Rajya Sabha, further strengthening the upper house of India’s parliament.
- ‘Udyog Ratna’ Award for Ratan Tata: Renowned industrialist Ratan Tata was honored with the first ‘Udyog Ratna’ award instituted by the Government of Maharashtra for his contributions to the business world.
- India’s Rank in 16th International Olympiad of Astronomy and Astrophysics: India secured an impressive 2nd rank in the 16th International Olympiad of Astronomy and Astrophysics, showcasing the country’s astronomical prowess on a global stage.
- Dengue Outbreak in Bangladesh: Bangladesh is facing a severe dengue outbreak, with a high number of cases and deaths due to factors like excessive rainfall and temperature elevation.
- Saudi Arabia’s AI Program to Combat Desertification: Saudi Arabia launched an AI-powered program to combat desertification, using satellite imagery and data to identify vulnerable areas and develop strategies for sustainable land use.
- Russia’s Luna-25 Lunar Mission Failure: Russia’s first moon mission in 47 years, Luna-25, ended in failure as the spacecraft lost control and crashed into the moon’s surface during a pre-landing orbit attempt.
- Singapore Presidential Election Qualification: Tharman Shanmugaratnam, an Indian-origin leader, qualified for Singapore’s presidential election. His participation adds to the significance of the election.
- Onion Buffer and Subsidized Rates: The Government of India increased the onion buffer and directed the National Cooperative Consumers’ Federation to sell onions at a subsidized rate. Efforts were made to control rising vegetable prices.
- ICAI and CA Maldives MoU: ICAI and CA Maldives signed an MoU for knowledge exchange, strengthening ties between the accounting bodies of India and Maldives.
- Indian Shuttlers at BWF World Badminton Championships: Indian shuttlers HS Prannoy and Lakshya Sen advanced to the men’s singles second round at the BWF World Badminton Championships in Denmark.
- Junior Men’s Hockey Team Victory: India’s Junior Men’s Hockey team secured a victory against England in the Under-21 four-nation Tournament in Germany and is set to face Germany in the finals.
- Indian Athletes’ Achievements: Sift Kaur Samra secured India’s sixth Paris 2024 Olympic quota in Women’s 50 Rifle 3 Positions at ISSF World Championship in Baku. Bharat NCAP was launched to enhance road safety by improving motor vehicle standards.
- FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 Winner – Spain: The FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 title was clinched by Spain’s women’s football team, marking their first-ever world championship victory.
- Indian Triumph at Asian Junior Squash Championship: Anahat Singh, a rising star, secured the gold medal in the under-17 category at the Asian Junior Squash Championship, adding another achievement to India’s sporting accolades.
- Presidential Election in Singapore: Indian-origin leader Tharman Shanmugaratnam qualified for Singapore’s presidential election, strengthening bilateral relations between India and Singapore.
- New Variety of Lotus Flower: The National Botanical Research Institute, Lucknow, developed a new variety of lotus flower ‘NaMoh 108’ that blooms from March to December.
Thank you for staying up-to-date with the highlights of August 22, 2023. For more insights, don’t hesitate to subscribe and follow us.
Stay Updated | Current Affairs Newsletter – August 22, 2023
- Follow us on Facebook , Telegram and Twitter for the latest Education News updates and Daily Current Affairs
- Subscribe to our website for more updates on upcoming exams and results.
Download August 22, 2023 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi and English PDF Here
- HPPSC Shimla AE(Civil) Recruitment Out For 15 Posts, Salary Up to Rs. 1,46,500
- NABARD RECRUITMENT OUT FOR MULTIPLE POSITIONS.
- AIIMS BILASPUR RECRUITMENT OUT. GRADUATES CAN APPLY.
- Punjab Police Bumper Constable Recruitment Out For 1800 Posts
- Today’s Top Current Affairs March 1st, 2024 | Hindi and English with Free PDF