This article covers the daily current affairs of August 6, 2023, featuring sports championships, India’s role in BRICS, advancements in healthcare, business collaborations, and technological launches.
August 6, 2023 Daily Current Affairs
Introduction: Welcome to the Daily Current Affairs for August 6, 2023, where we bring you the latest updates on national and international news, sports, business, and science & technology. Stay informed and engaged with the most significant events of the day.
National and International News:
- Sports Championship Promotes Healthy Lifestyle for Government Employees The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, along with the Fit India Mission and the Ministry of Law and Justice, successfully hosted the Inter-Ministry Bar & Bench Badminton Championship at the Thyagaraj Sports Complex. Union Minister of Law and Justice, Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal, inaugurated the event, emphasizing the importance of sports in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The tournament witnessed enthusiastic participation from judges, lawyers, and officials of various ministries of the Indian government. The Fit India Mission’s aim is to promote physical fitness and health among citizens by encouraging daily engagement in sports or fitness activities. The championship featured 128 players and 64 teams competing in men’s and women’s doubles categories. Due to its success, similar sports events will be held across the country to promote a healthy lifestyle for government employees.
- IREDA Supports Green Hydrogen and Green Ammonia Projects The Chairman and Managing Director of the Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) expressed the organization’s commitment to support the financial viability of Green Hydrogen and Green Ammonia projects at the Green Hydrogen Convention 2023 in Bhubaneshwar. IREDA aims to attract potential investors and play a crucial role in the Green Hydrogen sector. The convention saw the participation of industry leaders, policymakers, and energy experts. The CMD emphasized the need for collaboration among stakeholders to achieve India’s ambitious targets of 500 GW power from Non-Fossil sources by 2030, a $5 trillion economy by 2027, a Developed Economy by 2047, and Net Zero emissions by 2070. For Odisha, transitioning from Grey Ammonia to Green Ammonia presents significant opportunities due to its existing Hydrogen infrastructure and well-established market for conversion, backed by Special Economic Zones and major ports.
- India’s Role in BRICS Health Minister’s Meeting Union Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya addressed the BRICS Health Minister’s Meeting, highlighting India’s G20 Presidency’s role in amplifying Global South’s concerns. India supports South Africa’s initiatives on Universal Health Coverage and aligns with India’s G20 priorities, including digital health innovations. India also backs South Africa’s Integrated Early Warning systems cooperation and Russia’s BRICS Collaboration in Nuclear Medicine. The minister reaffirmed India’s commitment to the BRICS TB Research Network Initiative and urged BRICS nations to implement the meeting’s outcomes urgently. He extended best wishes to Russia for the upcoming BRICS Presidency.
- India’s Advancements in Healthcare India is becoming a preferred and cost-effective healthcare destination globally due to path-breaking healthcare reforms and initiatives by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The country has made significant progress in Preventive Healthcare, Physical Healthcare, and Integrated Healthcare, gaining recognition as a top medical tourism destination. Dr. Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State for Science & Technology, highlighted the success of Ayushman Bharat, which offers insurance cover even for pre-existing diseases, making it the world’s best health insurance scheme. The government’s efforts include promoting Public-Private Partnerships for healthcare services to bridge the urban-rural healthcare divide, exemplified by initiatives like “Doctors on Wheels.” India has also emerged as a vaccination hub, producing various vaccines, including DNA Covid Vaccine and the world’s first intra-nasal Covid Vaccine. The government’s emphasis on healthcare is evident through the increase in medical colleges, AIIMS, and dialysis centers. Dr. Jitendra Singh discussed the country’s healthcare achievements and advancements in space technology at the annual conference of the Indian Academy of Otorhinolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery.
Business and Economy:
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) Collaborates with 35 Institutions for Standardization The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has signed Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) with 35 prestigious institutions across India to foster collaboration in standardization and conformity assessment. The MoUs allow partner institutions to participate in standardization activities, collaborate with BIS’s technical committees at the national and international levels, and receive infrastructure support for relevant R&D projects. Additionally, the institutions will jointly organize events, exchange publications, introduce standardization curricula in academics, explore a Center of Excellence for Standardization, testing, and Conformity Assessment, and share laboratory facilities. The move aims to enrich the standards formulation activities and ensure consumer protection through various schemes offered by BIS under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India.
- Grandmaster Gukesh D Becomes India’s Number 1 Chess Player Leaving behind Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand, 17-year-old Grandmaster Gukesh D has become India’s number 1 chess player. Gukesh has left behind Anand in the live ratings of Classic Chess. Gukesh is also the third Indian after Anand and Pantala Harikrishna to enter the world’s top 10. Viswanathan Anand has slipped in the live world rankings only twice since 1986.
- Study in India Portal Launched for International Students Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar jointly launched the Study in India (SII) portal in New Delhi. The portal is a one-stop platform that will simplify education for international students in India. With its help, comprehensive information about Indian higher education institutions can be obtained.
- Indian Batsman Manoj Tiwary Retires from Cricket India and Bengal batsman Manoj Tiwary has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket. Tiwary last played for India in 2015, when the Indian team toured Zimbabwe, scoring 34 runs in three ODIs. Tiwari is currently the Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports of West Bengal.
Science and Technology:
- NHAI Launches ‘Rajmargyatra’ Mobile Application The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has launched an integrated mobile application ‘Rajmargyatra.’ The app aims to provide comprehensive information and a better grievance redressal facility to the National Highway users. Fastag services have been added to this app.
- Qualcomm Appoints Savi Soin as President of Qualcomm India Smartphone processor maker Qualcomm has appointed Savi Soin as the President of Qualcomm India. Along with this, he will also hold the post of Senior Vice President of Qualcomm India. Rajen Vagadia was the President of Qualcomm India for the last five years. Qualcomm is an American multinational company.
- National Aerospace Laboratories Launches JALDOST Airboat The National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL) has launched JALDOST airboat. It is an airboat that moves on water, designed to remove floating waste in water. The National Aerospace Laboratories is a part of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), established in the year 1959.
- National Commission for Protection of Child Rights Launches ‘MASI’ Application The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights has launched an application ‘MASI’ (Monitoring App for Seamless Inspection-MASI) – Monitoring App for real-time monitoring of Child Care Institutions (CCIs) and their inspection system across the country. Women and Child Development Minister Smriti Irani said that since 2014, 27,085 children have been adopted
Stay Updated | August 6, 2023 Daily Current Affairs
- Follow us on Facebook , Telegram and Twitter for the latest updates and Daily Current Affairs
- Subscribe to our website for more updates on upcoming exams and results.
Download August 6, 2023 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi and English PDF Here
Thank you for reading today’s Daily Current Affairs. Don’t miss out on future updates! Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on social media for more daily insights.
- CBSE Announces Online Bootcamp for Students in Artificial Intelligence
- WWE Survivor Series 2023: CM Punk’s Sensational Return and Explosive Matches Recap
- SSC Steno Result 2023 Announced
- ONGC RECRUITMENT OUT.
- DRDO RECRUITMENT 2023: EXPLORE OPPORTUNITIES AS JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW. SELECTION BY INTERVIEW.