Get the daily current affairs for August 7, 2023, in both Hindi and English languages. Stay informed and download the PDF for reference.
Table of Contents
Welcome to the daily current affairs update for August 7, 2023. In today’s news roundup, we bring you the most significant events and developments in both Hindi and English.
National & International
- Indian Buddhist Culture and Heritage Centre Construction Begins in Lumbini, Nepal: Construction has commenced on the lotus-shaped Indian Buddhist Culture and Heritage Centre in Lumbini, Nepal, the birthplace of Lord Buddha. The project, costing Rs 1.60 billion, aims to promote spiritual tourism and will be completed in 1.5 years.
- Bangladesh Observes Rabindranath Tagore’s 82nd Death Anniversary: Bangladesh pays tribute to Gurudev Tagore on his death anniversary. The renowned poet, the first non-European Nobel laureate in Literature, wrote national anthems for both India and Bangladesh. Special programs are held in Dhaka and other parts of Bangladesh to honor his legacy.
- India Offers 45 Crore Rupees to Support Sri Lanka’s ‘Digital Identity Project’: India extends financial aid of 45 crore rupees to Sri Lanka to support their ‘Digital Identity Project’, aiming to revolutionize administrative infrastructure and enhance service delivery to citizens.
- MoS Rajeev Chandrasekhar Addresses Digital India RISC-V Symposium: MoS Rajeev Chandrasekhar virtually addresses the Digital India RISC-V (DIR-V) Symposium at IIT Madras, promoting innovation and functionality in India’s semiconductor industry and high-performance computing.
- Dr. Jitendra Singh Reveals Progress on Devika River Rejuvenation Project: North India’s first River Rejuvenation Project Devika, costing over Rs 190 crore, is nearing completion. The project aims to protect the holy Devika River’s sanctity in Udhampur, J&K, through Liquid and Solid Waste Management Projects.
- Namami Gange Presented to World Bank EDs: The DG of NMCG presents Namami Gange to World Bank EDs, highlighting the program’s success in rejuvenating River Ganga through public participation and sustainable management.
- Chandrayaan-3’s Progress: India’s Chandrayaan-3 successfully enters lunar orbit, taking a step closer to achieving a soft landing near the lunar south pole by August 23rd, making India the fourth country to achieve this feat.
- IREDA Commits to Enhancing Green Hydrogen and Green Ammonia Projects: IREDA’s Chairman and Managing Director pledges to attract investors and finance the entire value chain of the Green Hydrogen sector, aiming to achieve India’s ambitious targets for Net Zero emissions by 2070.
- India’s Performance in Cricket T20 Match: India scores 152 runs for 7 wickets in 20 overs against West Indies in the 2nd T20 match in Guyana. Tilak Verma scores 51 runs, and West Indies chase the target.
- Inter-Ministry Bar & Bench Badminton Championship: Fit India Mission and the Ministry of Law and Justice organize the championship at the Thyagaraj Sports Complex. Union Minister of Law and Justice, Arjun Ram Meghwal, inaugurates the event, promoting physical fitness and health among citizens.
- Pakistan’s Men’s Cricket Team to Participate in ICC World Cup 2023: Pakistan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces the country’s participation in the ICC World Cup 2023, scheduled to be held in India.
- Australia Open Badminton: China’s Weng Hongyang Defeats India’s H.S. Prannoy: In the Men’s singles final, China’s Weng Hongyang defeats India’s H.S. Prannoy with a score of 9-21, 23-21, 20-22.
- IMD Predicts Heavy Rainfall in North and North East India: The India Meteorological Department predicts heavy to very heavy rainfall over parts of North and North East India in the next 4 to 5 days, including Uttarakhand, north Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Sub-Himalaya West Bengal, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, and Manipur.
Download August 7, 2023 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi and English PDF Here
Stay Updated | August 7, 2023 Daily Current Affairs
- Follow us on Facebook , Telegram and Twitter for the latest updates and Daily Current Affairs
- Subscribe to our website for more updates on upcoming exams and results.
Thank you for staying informed with our daily current affairs update. Don’t forget to subscribe and follow us to receive regular updates.