The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced the 1st CBSE Expression Series for the Session 2023-24. This year’s theme is “Skill Development in India: From Local to Global.” Students from primary to senior secondary levels can participate in this series by writing an essay, poem, paragraph, or painting on the given topics. In this article, we will provide you with a complete guide on CBSE Expression Series 2023-24, including the topics, categories, guidelines, and submission process.
Table of Contents
Topics for the CBSE Expression Series 2023-24
The theme for the 1st CBSE Expression Series for the Session 2023-24 is “Skill Development in India: From Local to Global.” The following are the topics for different categories:
- Primary (Class 3 to 5): Write a paragraph (150 words) or paint on either of the following topics:
- A famous Indian personality who achieved success through his/her skills
- Skills a child needs to excel
- Middle (Class 6 to 8): Write an essay (400 words), paint, or poem on either of the following topics:
- According to me, the best example of Kabaad se Jugaad is….
- Local skill of my district which I can promote
- Secondary (Class 9 to 10): Write an essay (700 words), paint, or poem on either of the following topics:
- Emerging industries and required skills
- Role of Education in Skill Development
- Senior Secondary (Class 11 to 12): Write an essay (1000 words), paint, or poem on either of the following topics:
- Globalization and need for globally-relevant skills
- Skill development for inclusive and sustainable economic growth
|Primary (Class 3-5)||A famous Indian personality who achieved success through his/her skills||150 words||Paragraph or Painting|
|Primary (Class 3-5)||Skills a child needs to excel||150 words||Paragraph or Painting|
|Middle (Class 6-8)||According to me, the best example of Kabaad se Jugaad is….||400 words||Essay, Painting or Poem|
|Middle (Class 6-8)||Local skill of my district which I can promote||400 words||Essay, Painting or Poem|
|Secondary (Class 9-10)||Emerging industries and required skills||700 words||Essay, Painting or Poem|
|Secondary (Class 9-10)||Role of Education in Skill Development||700 words||Essay, Painting or Poem|
|Senior Secondary (Class 11-12)||Globalization and need for globally-relevant skills||1000 words||Essay, Painting or Poem|
|Senior Secondary (Class 11-12)||Skill development for inclusive and sustainable economic growth||1000 words||Essay, Painting or Poem|
Categories and Mediums
Students from different categories can participate in this series using the following mediums:
- Primary (Class 3 to 5): Paragraph (150 words) or painting
- Middle (Class 6 to 8): Essay (400 words), painting, or poem
- Secondary (Class 9 to 10): Essay (700 words), painting, or poem
- Senior Secondary (Class 11 to 12): Essay (1000 words), painting, or poem
Conduct of the Expression Series
Conduct at the School Level
Schools should organize the school-level Expression Series during school hours on the above topics from 24th April to 3rd May 2023. Schools should inform all students about the conduct of the Expression Series. For participation in Expression Series activities such as Essays, Paragraphs, Paintings, Poems, etc., participants’ sheet given as Annexure I should be used or a sheet with all the details given therein.
Photographs and Essays can be written in Hindi or English. Schools should complete the evaluation of entries and shortlist one entry per category (total 04 entries from a school) for onward submission to CBSE. Entries must be supported by a Certificate of the Head of the Institution/ Teacher In-charge that the entry is the original work of the participant.
Submission of the Shortlisted Entry by Schools to CBSE
After the shortlisting process is completed, the selected entries need to be submitted to CBSE. The submission process may vary depending on the competition, and schools must carefully read the instructions provided by CBSE. The entries may need to be submitted in a particular format or through a specific platform.
Guidelines for Entry Submission by School
CBSE provides detailed guidelines for entry submission by schools. Schools must ensure that they follow these guidelines to avoid disqualification. Some of the common guidelines include:
- Ensure that the entry is in the required format, such as a video, essay, or painting.
- Provide the necessary details of the student, such as name, roll number, and class.
- Upload the entry on the specified platform within the given deadline.
- Ensure that the entry is original and not copied from any other source.
FAQs: Q. What are the eligibility criteria for CBSE Expression Series competitions? A. The eligibility criteria vary depending on the competition. However, in general, students studying in CBSE-affiliated schools are eligible to participate.
Q. Can students participate in more than one competition in CBSE Expression Series? A. Yes, students can participate in multiple competitions, provided they meet the eligibility criteria and follow the submission guidelines.
Q. What are the prizes for CBSE Expression Series ? A. CBSE provides various prizes, such as certificates, medals, and cash prizes, to the winners of the competitions.
Participating in CBSE Expression Series can help students showcase their talents and gain recognition. Schools must encourage students to participate in these competitions and provide them with the necessary guidance and resources. By following the submission guidelines and ensuring that the entries are original, schools can increase their chances of winning prizes and gaining recognition at the national level.