The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced the revised schedule for the Skill Expo and National Guidance Festival (NGF) regional events. This update follows Circular No. 95/2023 and 102/2023 issued by CBSE. The regional events will provide students with a platform to showcase their skills and receive valuable guidance. Here are the key details:
Table of Contents
|Sr. No||Date of the Event||Venue Concerned||CBSE, Regional Office||Links for Registration|
|1||October 27, 2023 (Friday)||Bala Vidya Mandir Sr. Sec. School, Adithanar Road, Gandhi Nagar, Adyar, Chennai-600020||Chennai, Vijayawada||Skill Expo: Register Here NGF: Register Here|
|2||November 04, 2023 (Saturday)||Army Public School, K Kamraj Road, Sivanchetti Gardens, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560042||Bangalore, Pune||Skill Expo: Register Here NGF: Register Here|
|3||November 16, 2023 (Thursday)||Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship, Near Games Village, Lalmati, Guwahati, Assam-7810290||Guwahati, Bhubaneswar||Skill Expo: Register Here NGF: Register Here|
|4||November 18, 2023 (Saturday)||DPS, BHEL, Ranipur, Haridwar, Uttarakhand-249403||Dehradun, Chandigarh, Panchkula||Skill Expo: Register Here NGF: Register Here|
Please note that participation is open to schools under the jurisdiction of respective CBSE Regional Offices. In case any of the registration links doesn’t work, please copy the respective link and paste it in your browser. Schools are required to use their cbseshiksha.in email id for registration.
- Schools under the jurisdiction of respective CBSE Regional Offices, as mentioned above, can register using the provided links.
- In case any of the registration links don’t work, please copy the respective link and paste it in your browser.
- Schools must use their cbseshiksha.in email ID for registration in the Skill Expo.
- Detailed guidelines for Skill Expo and National Guidance Festival (NGF) are provided in Annexure A and B, respectively.
- Principals of all affiliated schools are encouraged to motivate their students for maximum participation in this event.
For any queries or feedback, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skill Expo Highlights
- The Skill Expo is open to students from Classes 6 to 12.
- Participating schools may submit details of their projects, including a brief write-up and a list of materials used.
- The selected exhibits will be notified via email, and students will have time to prepare their displays.
- Exhibits may focus on the process used to create a product or service, or they can demonstrate entrepreneurial skills.
- Schools are responsible for covering all expenses related to participation, including lodging and boarding arrangements.
- The Skill Expo will be organized at both the regional and national levels.
Themes and Sub-themes for the Skill Expo
- Local to Global: Bridging the gap, Remote Working, Destination Branding
- Future Tech: AI, Blockchain, Robotics
- Health and Wellness: Health Tech, Genetics, Molecular Biology
- Hospitality & Tourism: AR/VR presentation of tourist destinations, Village Branding
- Sustainability & Environmental Conservation: Climate Change, Waste Management, Sustainable Innovation
- AVGC Sector (Animation, Visual effect, Gaming, Comics): Media, Design Thinking
- Traditional Arts & Crafts of India: Entrepreneurial activities for preserving and popularizing traditional arts and crafts.
Participants are encouraged to use eco-friendly and innovative materials in their exhibits. They can also collaborate with experts in their chosen field.
Exhibits will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and imagination: 20%
- Originality and innovativeness: 15%
- Scientific thought/principle/approach: 15%
- Technical skills, workmanship, craftsmanship, etc.: 15%
- Entrepreneurship, scalability, and utility for society in the future: 15%
- Economics (low cost), portability, and durability: 10%
- Presentation effectiveness: 10%
Certificates will be awarded to the best-selected entries, and the decision of the screening committee is considered final.
The NGF is exclusively for schools under the respective CBSE Regional Offices. Schools are required to register separately for the NGF using a specific link. Each school can nominate 5 students and 2 teachers to attend the NGF. Eligible participants who attend the event from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm will receive a certificate of participation.
The NGF will also feature webinars, short sessions, motivational talks, and panel discussions on various topics related to career development and early planning.
Topics covered include:
- How to develop skills required for the new world.
- Future careers and the importance of early planning.
- Career planning – live development of a roadmap towards the future.
The CBSE Skill Expo and National Guidance Festival 2023 promise to be exciting events for students to showcase their talents and receive valuable guidance for their future careers. Schools are encouraged to participate actively and make the most of these opportunities.
The CBSE Skill Expo and National Guidance Festival 2023 are excellent initiatives to promote skill development and provide career guidance to students. By participating in these events, students can not only showcase their skills but also gain valuable insights into various career paths. The regional events are scheduled to take place in different cities, offering students from different regions the opportunity to participate. It’s a wonderful platform for students to learn, grow, and explore their potential. We encourage all eligible schools to actively participate and make the most of these educational and career-oriented events.