Get a quick glimpse of the most significant events and news of the day in the April 2023 current affairs.
In today’s fast-paced world, keeping oneself updated with the latest current affairs is crucial. This article aims to provide a brief overview of the most important events that took place on April 21, 2023.
1. Deepika Misra Awarded Gallantry Medal Deepika Misra, a woman officer in the Indian Air Force, has become the first IAF officer to be awarded the Gallantry Medal. The President of India had granted her the Vayu Seva Medal for her bravery at last year’s Independence Day. At an investiture ceremony held in New Delhi, she received the medal from Indian Air Force Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari.
2. ITC Market Value Crosses 5 Trillion ITC Limited, a leading private sector firm in India, has become one of the top 11 Indian companies to achieve a market value of over 5 lakh crore rupees. ITC had total sales of around 90,104 crore rupees, and a net profit of 15,058 crore rupees in 2022. ITC is a conglomerate with diversified businesses across software, hotels, agriculture, FMCG, packaging, and more.
3. Dominic Raab Resigns After Bullying Complaints Dominic Raab, the UK Deputy Prime Minister and Justice Minister, has resigned after an independent investigation into allegations of bullying. Raab tweeted that he had requested an inquiry into the matter and resigned. In November last year, Rishi Sunak had appointed a senior lawyer named Adam Tolley.
4. Elon Musk Removes Blue Checks on Twitter Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, has started a drive to eliminate blue ticks on all user profiles on Twitter. Now, all users must pay a subscription fee to enjoy the benefits of blue check verification. Several prominent figures have lost their checkmarks, and the platform has launched some eligibility criteria as well.
5. AIIB Launches First Overseas Office The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have jointly signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to open the bank’s first overseas office. The interim operational hub will be located in the Abu Dhabi Global Market, between the Middle East and the rest of the world. The AIIB aims to fund infrastructure projects, and the UAE is dedicated to improving its cooperation with global institutions.
Thank you for reading our article on April 2023 current affairs. For more updates, subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on social media.