Get a roundup of key events from National News, International News, Sports, Business, and more in the August 30, 2023, edition of current affairs highlights.
Table of Content
Keeping up with current events is essential for a well-rounded perspective. In this edition, we cover significant happenings from August 30, 2023, spanning National and International News, Sports, Business, and Miscellaneous topics.
- National Sports Day: On August 29, India celebrated National Sports Day in honor of Major Dhyan Chand, the legendary hockey player who won gold medals for India in the Olympics from 1928 to 1936.
- New NCERT Curriculum: The Class VII curriculum now includes a chapter titled ‘A Homage to our Brave Soldiers,’ dedicated to the National War Memorial. The chapter aims to instill patriotism and core values in students.
- Congress MP Appointment: P. Chidambaram, a prominent Congress MP, has been nominated as a member of the Standing Committee on Home Affairs by Rajya Sabha Chairman Jagdeep Dhankhar.
- FIFA Lifts Ban: FIFA has lifted the ban on the Sri Lanka Football Federation, allowing them to participate in international competitions after the ban was imposed due to government interference.
- Zimbabwe’s Re-election: Emmerson Mnangagwa has been re-elected as the President of Zimbabwe for a second five-year term after the results of the presidential election were announced.
- Cultural Exchange: Sri Lanka hosted its first Karnataka cultural festival, promoting cultural diversity and shared heritage between India and Sri Lanka.
- Global Climate and Health Hub: India and the Asian Development Bank are collaborating to establish a climate change and health hub in Delhi, aiming to address the impact of climate change on health systems and promote partnerships.
- Asia Cup 2023: The 50-over ODI tournament, Asia Cup 2023, kicked off on August 30 in Pakistan. Teams like India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan are participating, with the final held between the top two teams from the Super Four stage.
Business and Economy
- IOC’s New Brand Ambassador: Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has partnered with Chef Sanjeev Kapoor as the brand ambassador for its Indane XTRATEJ LPG brand, aiming to expand its presence in the commercial and industrial LPG segment.
- Shell’s Leadership Change: Shell India announced the appointment of Mansi Madan Tripathi as the new country chairperson, succeeding Nitin Prasad. The company aims to continue its impact in the oil and gas sector.
- Dadi Prakashmani Postage Stamp: The President of India, Draupadi Murmu, released a postage stamp in memory of Dadi Prakashmani, former chief of Brahma Kumaris, to honor her legacy in spirituality and society.
- Military Exercise Bright Star-23: A multinational joint military exercise involving 34 countries, including India and the US, will take place in Egypt from August 31 to September 14, aiming to enhance military cooperation.
Stay Updated | Current Affairs Newsletter – August 30, 2023
- Follow us on Facebook , Telegram and Twitter for the latest Education News updates and Daily Current Affairs
- Subscribe to our website for more updates on upcoming exams and results.
Download August 30, 2023 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi and English PDF Here
Thank you for staying updated with the August 30, 2023, current affairs highlights. Stay connected for more insightful updates, and don’t forget to subscribe and follow for regular news delivery.