“The most powerful weapon for changing the world is education.” – Nelson Mandela
Get a brief overview of today’s top stories from different fields, including politics, sports, and technology.
Remembering Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar on his 132nd Birth Anniversary
- Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar is revered as India’s greatest social reformer who brought significant changes to the Indian Constitution.
- On April 14, 2023, India celebrates his 132nd birth anniversary, honoring his contributions to society.
- Dr. Ambedkar championed the cause of socially backward classes and women’s rights, becoming the first person to incite women’s rights.
- His three main principles of liberty, equality, and fraternity remain an inspiration for many.
Whatsapp Introduces New Security Features for Users
- The popular communication platform, Whatsapp, has recently introduced new security features for its users.
- These features include Account Protect, Device Verification, and Automatic Security Codes, which provide users better control over their private texts.
- The platform is committed to creating more tools to improve security and prevent unauthorized attempts.
Aman Sehrawat Wins India’s First Gold Medal in Wrestling
- Aman Sehrawat won the gold medal in the men’s 57 kg freestyle category at the Asian Wrestling Championships 2023 held in Astana, Kazakhstan.
- This marks India’s fourth consecutive victory in the wrestling competition, with women wrestlers winning seven medals and men winning two, taking the total to 13.
- Aman Sehrawat’s win is a moment of pride for India, and it highlights the country’s growing prowess in the field of wrestling.
PM Modi Inaugurates Healthcare Projects at IIT Guwahati
- India’s Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, inaugurated various healthcare projects worth Rs 14,300 crores at IIT Guwahati.
- The projects were launched at the Research and Healthcare Facility of the university, and PM Modi also visited the new building of AIMS Guwahati.
- The ‘Apke Dwar Ayushman’ scheme is also set to launch soon, among other events lined up for PM Modi.
Qatar and Bahrain Reopen Diplomatic Relations
- Qatar and Bahrain have reopened their diplomatic relations after a two-year gap, according to a joint declaration made by the two countries.
- The announcement was made after the second conference of the Bahraini-Qatari Follow-Up Committee held at GCC Central Secretariat Office in Riyadh, Saudi.
- Leaders of both countries recently visited each other, and the agreement is aimed at supporting and enhancing joint Gulf action.