CBSE National Summit on ‘Facilitating School to Work Transition’ to Bridge the Gap Between Education and Employment
In a bid to address the evolving demands of the global job market and foster a more adaptable and skilled workforce, the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 has underscored the significance of incorporating skill-based learning into school curricula. By emphasizing Vocational and Skill Education, the NEP aims to bridge the historical gap between academic and skill-oriented streams, thereby equipping students with the readiness to confront real-world challenges, secure meaningful employment, and engage in lifelong learning.
Facilitating School to Work Transition
Building upon the progressive direction charted by the NEP 2020, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) takes pride in unveiling a significant event: the two-day National Summit on ‘Facilitating School to Work Transition.‘ The summit is scheduled to take place on the 19th and 20th of September 2023 at the ICAR Auditorium, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi-110012. The event will span from 09:00 AM to 5:00 PM on both days.
Link for Participation: https://forms.gle/ioHa15hZVmFi85aB9
At a juncture where education is poised for transformation, this summit serves as a beacon, spotlighting the pivotal role of educational institutions in preparing students with the indispensable skills and knowledge required to thrive in a rapidly changing professional landscape.
The summit boasts an impressive line-up of sessions featuring distinguished speakers, policy makers, educators, industry leaders, and other stakeholders. It’s also an opportunity for students to showcase the remarkable work conducted in their respective schools to promote Skill Education through the Skill Expo. In addition to the enlightening talks, speakers will delve into upcoming career avenues, essential skill sets, and effective career decision-making, seamlessly integrated into the National Guidance Festival, a component of this National Summit.
Guidelines for Participating in CBSE Skill Expo 2023: Nurturing Innovation and Expertise
Are you ready to unleash your innovative spirit and showcase your talents on a national stage? The CBSE Skill Expo 2023 is here, providing students an unprecedented opportunity to shine bright amidst the changing landscape of education and industry. Let’s delve into the comprehensive guidelines that pave the way for your participation in this remarkable event.
Event Details: Facilitating School to Work Transition
- Dates: 19th & 20th September 2023
- Venue: ICAR Auditorium, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi – 110012
- Timings: 09:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Update on Date:
- It’s essential to note the change in the Skill Expo date as compared to CBSE Circular No. Skill-95/2023 dated 14.08.2023.
- The original date of 13th September 2023 has been rescheduled to 19th & 20th September 2023.
Inclusion in the National Summit:
- This edition of Skill Expo aligns with the CBSE National Summit on ‘Facilitating School to Work Transition,’ amplifying the impact of your participation.
Who Can Participate:
- The CBSE Skill Expo welcomes all schools affiliated with the Board, regardless of geographical location.
- All schools within India and abroad can participate, transcending regional boundaries.
- Participation comes at no cost – there’s no fee for registering or exhibiting.
- To become part of this transformative event, schools interested in the Skill Expo must register using this link: https://forms.gle/CQFAje6CG12AgKQq8.
- The registration window closes on 8th September 2023.
Exhibit Details and Submissions:
- Following registration, participants need to furnish participant details and include a succinct write-up about the exhibit.
- Teams must submit comprehensive project details, including title, description, list of materials, images, and videos, within the stipulated timeframe.
- Schools with selected exhibits for the Skill Expo will receive email notifications on 10th September 2023. This advance notice will provide ample time for preparation.
Responsibility for Expenses:
- Participating schools/teams are responsible for covering all costs related to event participation, including arrangements for lodging and boarding at the venue city.
Levels of Exhibition:
- Skill Expo unfolds at both Regional and National levels, creating an expansive platform for students to showcase their prowess.
Eligibility for Participation:
- Students can engage in either of two categories:
- Category I: Classes 6 to 10
- Category II: Classes 11 to 12
- Each participating school team consists of 1 teacher, 2 students per selected skill, and 1 mentor Skill teacher.
Themes and Sub-Themes:
|Local to Global||Bridging the gap, Remote Working, Destination Branding|
|Future Tech||AI, Blockchain, Robotics|
|Health and Wellness||Health Tech, Genetics, Molecular Biology|
|Hospitality & Tourism||AR/VR presentation of tourist destinations, Village Branding|
|Sustainability & Environmental Conservation||Climate Change, Waste Management, Sustainable Innovation|
|AVGC Sector (Animation, Visual effect, Gaming, Comics)||Media, Design Thinking|
|Traditional Arts & Crafts of India||Entrepreneurial activities for preserving and popularizing traditional arts and crafts. Economic upliftment activities focusing on regional specialties like textiles, handicrafts, pottery, sculpture, metal work, woodwork, jewelry, paintings, masks, puppets, etc.|
- A panel of experts will evaluate the exhibits based on several criteria, including creativity, originality, scientific thought, technical skills, entrepreneurship, and presentation.
- Outstanding entries will be recognized with certificates, honoring your dedication and hard work.
In conclusion, the National Summit and Skill Expo serve as a testament to CBSE’s commitment to fostering a generation of versatile and skilled individuals ready to excel in a dynamic professional landscape. Schools, educators, and students are encouraged to actively engage and participate in this transformative event, contributing to the evolution of education and the seamless transition to the world of work. For further details and inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.