“Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
Introduction to the Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme The Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme is a financial assistance program that provides scholarships to students studying from Class 1st to Class 10th. The scheme is offered by the Government of India with the objective of supporting the education of students who come from economically weaker sections of the society. The scheme provides financial assistance to students to help them meet their educational expenses, including tuition fees, textbooks, stationery, and other related expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme To be eligible for the Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme, students must fulfill the following criteria:
- The student must be studying in Class 1st to Class 10th in a recognized school.
- The student’s family income should not exceed Rs. 1 lakh per annum.
- The student should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the previous examination.
Benefits of Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme The Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme provides a number of benefits to students, including:
- Financial assistance to help students meet their educational expenses
- Encourages students to continue their studies and complete their education
- Provides an opportunity for students from economically weaker sections to access quality education
Application Procedure for Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme To apply for the Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme, students must follow the below steps:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) and register as a new user.
- Fill in the application form with all the required details.
- Attach the necessary documents, such as income certificate, caste certificate, and mark sheet.
- Submit the application form online.