New Delhi, October 4, 2023 – In a significant development, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the results of the Combined Defence Services Examination (II)-2023, which was conducted on 03rd September, 2023. This highly anticipated announcement brings great news for aspiring candidates who had appeared for this competitive examination. Let’s delve into the details of the results and what they mean for the candidates who have qualified.
Results for Combined Defence Services Exam (II)-2023
6908 Candidates Qualify for Interviews
Based on the results of the COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICES EXAMINATION (II), 2023, a total of 6908 candidates have successfully qualified for interviews. These candidates have been shortlisted based on their performance in the written examination. The following Roll Numbers belong to those who have made the cut:
- Roll Numbers of candidates qualified for being interviewed by the Service Selection Board of the Ministry of Defence:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 157th (DE) Course commencing in July, 2024
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala, Course commencing in July, 2024
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course (216 F(P)) commencing in July, 2024
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai 120th SSC (Men) (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in October, 2024
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai, 34th SSC Women (Non-Technical) (UPSC) Course commencing in October, 2024
It’s important to note that the candidature of all these candidates is provisional. In line with the conditions for admission to the examination, they are required to submit their original certificates as proof of age (Date of Birth), educational qualifications, NCC (C) (Army Wing/Senior Division Air Wing/Naval Wing), and other relevant documents to the respective authorities. Failure to do so by the specified dates will result in the cancellation of their candidature.
Important Dates for Certificate Submission
The candidates who have qualified must ensure that they submit their original certificates not later than the following dates:
- IMA & INA: Not later than 01st July, 2024
- AFA: Not later than 13th May, 2024
- SSC Course: Not later than 1st October, 2024 (applicable to SSC male candidates and SSC women candidates)
Candidates are advised not to send their original certificates to the Union Public Service Commission.
Registration for SSB Interview
Candidates who qualified in the written exam and have chosen Army (IMA/OTA) as their first choice are required to register themselves on the recruiting directorate website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in to receive call-up information for the SSB interview. Those who have already registered on the recruiting directorate website are advised not to register again.
In case of any change of address, candidates are advised to promptly inform the relevant authorities at the Army Headquarters, Naval Headquarters, or Air Headquarters, as applicable.
The Union Public Service Commission has set up a Facilitation Counter near the Examination Hall Building on its campus. Candidates can obtain information or seek clarification regarding the examination on working days between 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, either in person or over the telephone. Contact numbers for various services are as follows:
- UPSC General Information: 011-23385271, 011-23381125, and 011-23098543
- SSB Interview related matters:
Candidates can also obtain information regarding their result by accessing the UPSC website here.
For candidates who did not qualify, the marks-sheet will be available on the Commission’s website within 15 days from the date of publication of the final result of OTA (after conducting SSB Interview). It will remain accessible on the website for a period of 30 days.
For more details and to view the results, please click here.
In conclusion, the announcement of the UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination (II)-2023 results opens up new opportunities for thousands of candidates aspiring to serve their nation through the armed forces. The journey ahead involves rigorous interviews and evaluations, and we wish all the qualified candidates the best of luck in their pursuit of excellence.