New Delhi, September 12, 2023 – Embracing Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision of a cleaner and more efficient India, the Ministry of Development of the North Eastern Region is unwavering in its commitment to promoting cleanliness, reducing bureaucracy, and fostering public participation (Janbhagidari). In this pursuit of good governance and Swachhata, the Ministry actively participated in Special Campaign 2.0, an initiative launched by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances.
Special Campaign 3.0
A Decade of Dedication
The Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (MDoNER) has been dedicated to the cause of Swachh Bharat for over a decade. Building on the momentum created by the Government of India, the Ministry is now gearing up for the pinnacle of its 10-year commitment to Swachhata, as it prepares to launch Special Campaign 3.0 in October 2023.
During Special Campaign 2.0, the Ministry focused on its field offices across various locations in the North East States. The campaign aimed to institutionalize office cleanliness and streamline government operations, reducing pendency. Thirty-four identified sites, including the offices of MDoNER, NEC, NEDFI, NEHHDC, NERAMAC, and NECBDC, were subjected to thorough cleanliness drives. Notably, the campaign saw widespread participation from employees and the general public, underlining the collective commitment to Swachh Bharat.
Achievements of Special Campaign 2.0
Special Campaign 2.0 yielded impressive results, demonstrating the effectiveness of the Ministry’s efforts. Some key achievements include:
- Closure of 313 e-files and the weeding out of 550 physical files.
- Cleaning of 34 sites in October 2022.
- Generation of Rs. 107,697 in revenue through the disposal of scrap by NEDFI and NEC in October 2022.
- Revenue generation of Rs. 50,000 by MDoNER in December 2022.
- Renovation and cleaning of some rooms in MDoNER from November 2022 to August 2023.
A Promising Milestone: Special Campaign 3.0
As the Ministry embarks on Special Campaign 3.0, it marks a significant milestone in its journey toward Swachh Bharat. This campaign, coinciding with a decade of Swachhata-based initiatives within the Ministry, promises to be extraordinary. It will consolidate past efforts and highlight initiatives that can be implemented in the coming years with active participation from all stakeholders.
Under the leadership of Union Minister Shri G. Kishan Reddy and Shri B. L. Verma, MoS MDoNER, the Ministry is making every effort to successfully implement the activities planned for Special Campaign 3.0. The goal is to ensure that cleanliness becomes a daily practice for every official of the Ministry and its affiliated organizations.
The Ministry’s unwavering dedication to Swachh Bharat reflects its commitment to the principles of cleanliness, efficiency, and good governance. With Special Campaign 3.0 on the horizon, it is poised to continue its transformative journey toward a cleaner and more prosperous North East Region.
🔍 Key Facts:
- The Ministry of Development of North-East Region is committed to advancing PM Shri Narendra Modi’s vision of Swachh Bharat (Clean India).
- The Ministry participated in Special Campaign 2.0, focusing on institutionalizing office cleanliness and reducing pendency in government operations.
- During Special Campaign 2.0, cleanliness drives were conducted at 34 identified sites in North East States, including various offices under the Ministry.
- Notable achievements during Special Campaign 2.0 included the closure of 313 e-files, the weeding out of 550 physical files, and revenue generation from disposal of scrap.
- Special Campaign 3.0, scheduled for October 2023, marks a decade of Swachhata-based initiatives within the Ministry and aims to consolidate past efforts and promote cleanliness as a daily practice.
- The Ministry is actively involving all stakeholders to implement the upcoming campaign successfully.
The Ministry of Development of North-East Region is dedicated to promoting cleanliness and reducing governance-related delays in line with PM Shri Narendra Modi’s Swachh Bharat vision. They actively participated in Special Campaign 2.0, focusing on office cleanliness and file management. Notable achievements included closing e-files, weeding out physical files, and generating revenue from scrap disposal. Special Campaign 3.0, scheduled for October 2023, coincides with a decade of such initiatives, and the Ministry aims to consolidate past efforts and ensure cleanliness becomes a daily practice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the objective of the Ministry of Development of North-East Region’s Special Campaign 3.0?Special Campaign 3.0 aims to further the cause of Swachh Bharat and build on the Ministry’s decade-long commitment to cleanliness, efficiency, and good governance.
- What were the key achievements of Special Campaign 2.0?Special Campaign 2.0 resulted in the closure of 313 e-files and the weeding out of 550 physical files. It also involved cleaning 34 sites, generating revenue through the disposal of scrap, and renovating some rooms within MDoNER.
- What is the significance of Special Campaign 3.0 for the Ministry?Special Campaign 3.0 represents a significant milestone as it consolidates past efforts and outlines initiatives for the coming years in pursuit of Swachh Bharat. It also emphasizes the importance of active stakeholder participation.
- Who are the key leaders guiding the Ministry’s efforts in Swachh Bharat initiatives?The Ministry is guided by Union Minister Shri G. Kishan Reddy and Shri B. L. Verma, MoS MDoNER, who are actively involved in driving the success of Swachh Bharat campaigns and initiatives within the Ministry.