India, September 13, 2023 – Explore the significant events & current affairs of September 13, 2023, in both Hindi and English. Download your free PDF to stay informed.
Top Current Affairs September 13, 2023
Welcome to a comprehensive roundup of today’s top current affairs for September 13, 2023. We bring you the most crucial news and events in both Hindi and English to keep you well-informed about the world around you.
In a groundbreaking development, scientists have uncovered a potential treatment route for Alzheimer’s disease (AD) using naturally occurring plant-based polyphenols (PPs), such as tannic acid found in trees like Chestnut and Oak. This discovery offers a safe, cost-effective strategy for combating AD, which has long been a poorly understood and debilitating neurodegenerative disorder.
Summary: Scientists have discovered a potential treatment for Alzheimer’s using natural polyphenols like tannic acid. These polyphenols target the ferroptosis-AD axis, offering new hope for Alzheimer’s treatment.
Read the full article: Natural Polyphenols Offer New Hope for Alzheimer’s Treatment
In the latest report by the National Statistical Office (NSO) under the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), we delve into the Consumer Price Index (CPI) for August 2023, offering insights into India’s inflation trends.
Summary: The August 2023 CPI report provides a comprehensive view of inflation rates across India, including rural and urban areas. It also delves into monthly changes in the CPI, helping policymakers and economists understand short-term trends in the cost of living. Monitoring inflation is crucial for making informed decisions in an ever-changing economic landscape.
Read the full article: Understanding India’s Inflation Trends: August 2023 Consumer Price Index (CPI) Report
In the world of economics and industry, timely and accurate data can be the difference between success and failure. That’s why, on the 12th of every month, economists, policymakers, and business leaders eagerly await the release of the Quick Estimates of the Index of Industrial Production (IIP). These estimates, with a base year of 2011-12, provide invaluable insights into the health and performance of India’s industrial sector.
Summary: The July 2023 IIP provides a comprehensive view of industrial performance, encompassing sectors such as Mining, Manufacturing, and Electricity. The data is also classified based on its use, offering insights into the distribution of industrial production among various sectors of the economy. Timely revisions ensure data accuracy and relevance.
Read the full article: July 2023 IIP: Insights into India’s Industrial Performance
In a significant move that highlights its commitment to both investors and growth, NTPC Ltd., India’s premier power generation company, has officially declared the disbursement of its final dividend for the financial year 2022-23. This development was announced on September 12, 2023, at 6:24 PM by the Press Information Bureau (PIB) in Delhi.
Summary: NTPC Ltd. has paid a substantial final dividend of Rs. 2908.99 crore, amounting to an impressive 30.00% of the paid-up equity share capital. This dividend is a testament to the company’s exceptional fiscal year, with a total dividend disbursed for FY 2022-23 reaching Rs. 7,030.08 crore, representing 41% of the Profit After Tax (PAT). Notably, this marks the 30th consecutive year of dividend distribution, reaffirming NTPC’s commitment to providing consistent returns to investors.
Read the full article: NTPC Pays 30% Paid-Up Equity Share Capital as Final Dividend for FY 2022-23
After the resounding success of Semicon India 2023, held earlier this year in Gujarat, the global summit is all set to return in September 2024. The curtain raiser event for Semicon India 2024 is scheduled for September 13, 2023, and will span two exciting days at the Bengaluru International Exhibition Centre.
Summary: Union Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and Electronics & IT, Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar, will grace this flagship event, organized by SEMI in partnership with Electronica & Productionica. The theme for the event is “India — a trusted partner and a rising force in the global electronics industry,” focusing on India’s rapid progress in the semiconductor industry and its role as a trusted partner on the world stage.
Read the full article: Chandrasekhar to Launch Flagship Event “Semicon India 2024” in Bengaluru
Ministry of Commerce & Industry Resolves Trade Dispute with the US: Key Implications for US Apples and Walnuts
In a significant development, India’s Ministry of Commerce & Industry has resolved multiple trade disputes with the United States through Mutually Agreed Solutions. This resolution has led to the withdrawal of additional duties on eight US-origin products, including apples, walnuts, and almonds.
Summary: Trade tensions between India and the US, which began in 2019, have been resolved with the removal of additional duties on select US-origin products. While these additional duties have been lifted, Most Favoured Nation (MFN) duties for apples, walnuts, and almonds remain unchanged. An important addition is the introduction of a Minimum Import Price (MIP) for apples, aimed at ensuring the quality and pricing of apple imports. This resolution is expected to restore competitiveness in the market and benefit both Indian consumers and domestic producers.
🔍 Facts and Summary about Revolutionary Cybercrime Investigation Framework to Combat Online Fraud:
- A cybercrime investigation tool called TTPs-based framework has been developed to track cyberattacks targeting humans, including insurance fraud and online matrimonial fraud.
- This tool helps in classifying cybercrimes, identifying chain of evidences, and mapping evidences to convict criminals.
- Cybercrime incidents cause significant financial losses, with victims mainly being women, the elderly, and poor individuals.
- The number of cybercrime investigations in India is significantly lower than the number of reported cybercrimes.
- Victims’ low cyber literacy often misleads investigators, and victims frequently do not maintain contact after reporting the incident.
- The I-hub NTIHAC foundation at IIT Kanpur, with support from the Department of Science and Technology, developed this framework to fill the gap in cybercrime incident response.
- The technology behind the framework can suggest crime execution paths, compare modus operandi in different crimes, and track criminal activity.
- This framework restricts the methods of investigation and relies on criminals’ tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) for precise and rapid conviction.
- The developed cybercrime investigation framework and tool are ready for deployment with the police, aiming to reduce cybercrime activities in India.
🔍 Facts and Summary about Renewable Energy Sector Gains Experienced Director of Finance at SECI:
- Shri Joshit Ranjan Sikidar assumed the position of Director (Finance) at Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI) on September 12, 2023.
- Shri Sikidar holds multiple qualifications, including being a Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary, Cost Accountant, and MBA (Finance), with over 30 years of post-qualification experience.
- Prior to becoming Director (Finance) at SECI, he served as the Group General Manager (Finance) and Company Secretary at RITES Limited.
- His extensive career spans over four years at RITES, more than 16 years at NSPCL (a joint venture of NTPC & SAIL), and more than nine years at SAIL – Bhilai Steel Plant, covering various financial aspects.
- SECI is a Miniratna Category-I CPSU under the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India.
- SECI plays a crucial role in advancing the renewable energy sector and serves as a nodal agency for implementing several MNRE schemes.
- SECI is involved in turnkey solar project development for various PSUs and government departments, holds a Category-1 power trading license, and engages in trading solar power generated by projects under its implemented schemes.
🔍 Facts and Summary about India’s eCourts Phase III: Advancing Access to Justice Through Technology:
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved the eCourts Project Phase III as a Central Sector Scheme for four years with a budget of Rs. 7210 crore starting from 2023.
- The eCourts Mission Mode Project aligns with the vision of “Sabka Sath, Sabka Vikas, and Sabka Vishwas” and aims to enhance access to justice using technology.
- Phase III of the e-Courts Project aims to transition towards digital, online, and paperless courts by digitizing all court records, including legacy records, and universalizing e-Filing and e-Payments.
- The project seeks to establish intelligent systems for data-based decision making for judges and registries, improving case scheduling and prioritization.
- Its primary goal is to create a unified technology platform for the judiciary, facilitating a seamless and paperless interface between the courts, litigants, and stakeholders.
- The eCourts Phase III is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme, implemented jointly by the Department of Justice, Ministry of Law & Justice, and the eCommittee, Supreme Court of India, through respective High Courts.
- Various components of Phase III include digitization of case records, cloud infrastructure, virtual courts, eSewa Kendras, paperless courts, software development, solar power backup, video conferencing, and more.
One Liner Current Affairs and Important Facts
🌍 World’s Highest Fighter Airfield:
- Location: Ladakh
- Details: India is constructing the world’s highest fighter airfield in Nyoma, Ladakh, to enhance strategic capabilities in competition with China. The project, costing Rs 218 crore, is being executed by the Border Road Organization.
🏏 Fastest to 13,000 ODI Runs:
- Player: Virat Kohli
- Achievement: Virat Kohli became the fastest batsman to reach 13,000 runs in One Day International cricket, achieving this milestone in just 267 innings. He also secured his 47th ODI century during this feat.
🌱 Green Hydrogen Collaboration:
- Parties: NTPC Green Energy Limited (a subsidiary of NTPC Limited) and Nayara Energy
- Purpose: They signed an MoU to explore opportunities in the green hydrogen and green energy sector, aligning with Prime Minister Modi’s vision of a self-reliant India.
🔬 One Week One Lab Program:
- Launched by: Dr. Jitendra Singh, Minister of Science and Technology
- Initiative: The program aims to showcase the achievements of 37 Council of Scientific and Industrial Research laboratories across India.
🌾 Data-Driven Innovation in Agriculture:
- Collaboration: NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development) and UNDP India
- Purpose: They partnered to promote data-driven innovation in agriculture to improve the livelihoods of small farmers through open-source data sharing.
🏸 Indonesia Masters 2023 Men’s Singles Winner:
- Player: Kiran George
- Achievement: Kiran George won the men’s singles title at the Indonesia Masters 2023 by defeating Ku Takahashi of Japan.
🏏 Moeen Ali’s ODI Milestone:
- Player: Moeen Ali
- Achievement: Moeen Ali became the third spinner from England to take 100 wickets in One Day International (ODI) cricket during a match against New Zealand.
Stay Updated | Top Current Affairs September 13, 2023
- Follow us on Facebook , Telegram and Twitter for the latest Education News updates and Daily Current Affairs
- Subscribe to our website for more updates on upcoming exams and results.