Explore the Amrit Kalash Yatras under ‘Meri Maati Mera Desh’ campaign, a patriotic movement honoring India’s heroes. Join us in celebrating their sacrifices and promoting unity.
Amrit Kalash Yatras under ‘Meri Maati Mera Desh’ Campaign
In a tribute to the indomitable spirit of India and the countless heroes who sacrificed their all for the nation, the ‘Meri Maati Mera Desh’ (MMMD) campaign has been launched as part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav Commemoration. This campaign serves as a poignant reminder of the sacrifices made by veers (bravehearts) and viranganas (female heroes) who laid down their lives for the freedom and progress of our great nation. Let’s delve into the details of this remarkable initiative.
Phase One: Honoring the Heroes
The MMMD campaign began with the first phase, where numerous events were organized across rural and urban India. These events included:
- Construction of Memorial Plaques: Over two lakh memorial plaques have already been constructed, bearing the names of local bravehearts.
- Felicitation of Bravehearts and Their Families: The heroes and their families were honored and recognized for their sacrifices.
- Planting of Saplings: More than two crore saplings were planted across the country, and over two lakh local Amrit Vatikas were created.
- Taking of Panch Pran Pledges: A staggering four crore pledges were uploaded on the MMMD website, showing the commitment of the citizens to the cause.
- Singing of Rashtragaan: The national anthem, ‘Rashtragaan,’ echoed through the events, accompanied by the hoisting of the National Flag.
Phase Two: Collecting Earthly Contributions
The second phase of MMMD involves collecting mitti (earth) from each household in India. This symbolic gesture symbolizes people’s participation in creating an Amrit Vatika (nectar garden) in Delhi. In areas where mitti is not available, individuals can contribute a grain of rice. This Amrit Vatika, along with an AKAM (Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav) Memorial, will stand as a lasting legacy to commemorate the valiant spirit and sacrifices of our veers who made our freedom and progress possible.
Here is an overview of the timeline for this phase:
|By 30th September 2023||Mitti Collection at the local level, including villages and wards.|
|1st October 2023 to 13th October 2023||Programs at Blocks, Municipal Corporations, Municipalities, City Councils, etc., where mitti from villages/wards is brought together.|
|22nd October 2023 to 27th October 2023||Movement of Kalash (pots containing mitti) from blocks and urban local bodies to the State Capital, accompanied by ceremonial send-off programs.|
|28th October 2023 to 1st November 2023||Grand programs in Delhi to conclude this monumental campaign.|
Coordination and Support
The coordination of Amrit Kalash Yatras, including dates, routes, logistics, and Kalash procurement, is being carried out by the respective District Collectors, District Magistrates, and Deputy Commissioners. Select Central Government Ministries/Departments have been mapped to all districts to support this campaign.
Involvement of Schools
Schools play a crucial role in this noble initiative. They are encouraged to collaborate with State representatives and Central Government Ministries/Departments to enhance outreach efforts and ensure successful implementation.
Action Points for Schools
Schools are expected to undertake various activities, including:
- Organizing Prabhat Pheries with national flags, pictures of local veers, and patriotic songs.
- Conducting competitions focusing on patriotic themes and local heroes.
- Spreading awareness about the campaign through school magazines and social media.
- Hosting talks and presentations by local officials.
- Participating in local Amrit Kalash Yatras and taking the Panch Pran Pledge.
|Central Government Ministries Mapping||Link|
|Activity Report Submission||Link|
The ‘Meri Maati Mera Desh’ campaign under the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav is not just an event; it’s a movement that celebrates the spirit of our nation and the sacrifices made by its heroes. As the campaign progresses, it unites communities, schools, and individuals in a common cause, echoing the call for a self-reliant and developed India by 2047.
FAQs about Amrit Kalash Yatras under ‘Meri Maati Mera Desh’ Campaign
What is the significance of collecting mitti for the Amrit Vatika?
Collecting mitti symbolizes the collective participation of the people of India in creating a lasting tribute to our heroes.
How can schools actively participate in the MMMD campaign?
Schools can organize various activities, including Prabhat Pheries, competitions, and awareness campaigns to contribute to the campaign’s success.
What is the Panch Pran Pledge, and why is it important?
The Panch Pran Pledge is a commitment to various aspects of nation-building and unity, as envisioned by the Hon’ble Prime Minister.
How can individuals contribute to the campaign if they don’t have mitti?
Individuals without mitti can contribute a grain of rice to show their support for the campaign.
What is the ultimate goal of the MMMD campaign?
The campaign aims to commemorate the sacrifices of our heroes and promote unity and patriotism among the citizens of India.