New Delhi, September 23, 2023 – In an effort to empower the youth of India as ambassadors of life skills and well-being, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is gearing up for the National Adolescent Leadership Summit on Life Skills, Mental Health, Safety, and Well-being 2023. This groundbreaking event, organized in collaboration with Expressions India, is set to take place from December 19th to 21st, 2023, at the National Bal Bhavan, Kotla Marg, IP Estate, Delhi.
CBSE Adolescent Leadership Summit
Empowering Adolescents for a Brighter Future
The CBSE recognizes the critical role that adolescents play in shaping the future of our nation. When equipped with knowledge, values, and essential life skills, adolescents can make informed decisions, solve problems, think critically, and communicate effectively. They also develop the ability to establish healthy relationships, empathize with others, and manage their lives in a safe and productive manner.
Schools as Centers of Empowerment
CBSE envisions schools as pivotal centers for skills-based Health Promotion Programs. They serve as primary platforms for acquiring health-related knowledge, attitudes, and life skills. By nurturing children into aware, responsible, and empowered citizens, schools become agents of change.
The Success of the Adolescent Peer Educators Leadership Program
To facilitate life skills, mental health, and holistic wellness as integral components of everyday education, CBSE initiated and supported the Adolescent Peer Educators Leadership Program. This program has achieved remarkable success and is approaching the culmination of its Phase 3, with active participation from numerous schools across the country.
The National Adolescent Summit: Details
The National Adolescent Summit on Life Skills, Mental Health, Safety, and Well-being 2023 is a testament to CBSE’s commitment to enriching the lives of adolescents. This event is designed to:
- Enrich students through the best practices of skills-based Adolescent Life Skills, Mental Health, Safety, and Well-being in Schools.
- Ensure the integration of School Safety, Nutrition, and General Health concerns within the comprehensive school health curriculum, along with contemporary gender issues.
- Strengthen peer-to-peer dialogue and the partnership between schools and families in promoting Life Skills, Mental Health, and Well-being in Schools.
- Advocate for students’ psychosocial needs and cultivate effective Young Leadership as Life Skills and Well-being Ambassadors.
The summit promises a variety of engaging activities, including:
- National School Health and Well-being Exhibition: An opportunity for schools to showcase their creative expressions related to life skills, attitudes, values, gender, health, safety, sanitation, and well-being. Schools will be allotted exhibition stalls on the first day of the program.
- YUVA SANSAD – The National Adolescent Well-being Parliament: This session involves students’ interface with national and international experts, educationists, media personalities, health care providers, policy makers, and more. It focuses on programs and policies related to Education, Health, Women and Child Development, and Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Competitions: Various competitions such as thematic painting, young orators championship, solo Indian classical dance, and performances on contemporary themes will showcase the talents and creativity of the participants.
- Screening of Theme-Based Short Films by Students: Students will have the opportunity to create short films on themes related to socio-emotional well-being, positive mental health, peer learning, family-school partnership, gender sensitization, and more.
- The National Health & Wellness Quiz: An exciting quiz that tests participants’ knowledge of health and wellness.
Registration and Guidelines
Each school is encouraged to register four students and one teacher (maximum five delegates). The registration is open through an online application, and there is no registration fee. Schools must arrange for their travel, lodging, and boarding.
The last date for registration is October 30, 2023. For registration and more details, visit here.
For any queries or additional information, please contact:
- Email: email@example.com
The CBSE Adolescent Leadership Summit on Life Skills, Mental Health, Safety, and Well-being 2023 promises to be an enriching experience for both students and educators. By fostering a holistic approach to education and well-being, CBSE aims to empower the next generation of leaders who will contribute positively to society.
How can I register for the CBSE Adolescent Leadership Summit 2023?
You can register online by visiting this link. The last date for registration is 30th October 2023.
Is there a registration fee for participating in the summit?
No, there is no registration fee for participating in the event. However, schools are responsible for their travel, lodging, and boarding arrangements.
What is the main aim of the summit?
The main aim of the summit is to convene a large number of schools for face-to-face dialogue and foster sustainable models for promoting life skills and well-being programs in schools across the country.
Can students participate in competitions at the summit?
Yes, students can participate in various competitions, including thematic painting, young orators championship, solo Indian classical dance, and Nukkad Natak on contemporary themes.
How can schools share their good practices in life skills and well-being promotion?
Participating schools are encouraged to submit a write-up of approximately 1200 words, supported by photographs and video clippings (if available), detailing the Good Practices in Life Skills, Mental Health, and Well-being Promotion in their school.