Discover the upcoming five-day exhibition on India’s Partition, a poignant portrayal of the nation’s history. Learn, reflect, and unite.
In continuation of Circular Number 91 dated August 10, 2023, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has conveyed an important announcement to all Heads of Schools Affiliated to CBSE. The notification pertains to the upcoming observance of the ‘Partition Horrors Remembrance Day‘ on August 14, 2023.
To mark this significant occasion, a noteworthy initiative has been undertaken in the form of a five-day exhibition titled “Story of India’s Partition.” This exhibition is being jointly organized by the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICIIR) in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture. The exhibition is scheduled to take place from August 14th to August 18th, 2023, at the Swadhinata Sangrami Padia in Bhubaneswar.
The exhibition holds great importance as it aims to offer a comprehensive and poignant portrayal of the experiences endured by countless individuals during the partition of India. It will provide a platform for visitors to engage with the agony, suffering, sacrifices, struggles, and pain that the people of the nation went through during this tumultuous period. By presenting historical artifacts, narratives, and visual representations, the exhibition seeks to depict the harrowing realities faced by those who lost their lives due to the partition and were forcibly uprooted from their homes.
Beyond its historical significance, the exhibition also carries a powerful message for both present and future generations of Indians. It serves as a call to action, encouraging a collective effort to eliminate the lingering effects of social division and disharmony. Moreover, the exhibition aims to reinforce the values of unity, social harmony, and human empowerment. By engaging with the stories of the past, visitors are prompted to recognize the importance of fostering a sense of togetherness and understanding among diverse communities.
CBSE-affiliated schools in Bhubaneswar have been extended a special invitation to participate actively in this exhibition. The call is to encourage students from Class 7 to 12 to visit the exhibition in substantial numbers. This visit can provide students with a unique educational experience, allowing them to connect with history on a personal and empathetic level.
To enhance the engagement of students, schools are also encouraged to organize various interactive activities during their visit. Quizzes, debates, acting performances, singing competitions, and painting contests can be conducted at the venue, all centered around the themes related to India’s partition. These activities not only add an element of interactivity but also offer a means for students to delve deeper into the historical context.
In conclusion, the upcoming five-day exhibition on the “Story of India’s Partition” is set to be a significant event, providing an opportunity for reflection, education, and dialogue. By commemorating the struggles and sacrifices of the past, this exhibition serves as a reminder of the importance of unity, social cohesion, and shared humanity. CBSE-affiliated schools in Bhubaneswar are encouraged to actively participate and involve their students, ensuring the success of this meaningful endeavor.
Here are some additional details about the exhibition:
- The exhibition will be open from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM from August 14 to 18.
- Admission is free for all students and teachers.
- There will be a special session for students on August 14 at 2:00 PM, where they will be able to interact with historians and survivors of the partition.
- The exhibition is being organized by the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHIR) in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture.
Stay Updated | Exhibition on India’s Partition
- Follow us on Facebook , Telegram and Twitter for the latest updates and Daily Current Affairs
- Subscribe to our website for more updates on upcoming exams and results.
- INDIAN ARMY RECRUITMENT 2023: TERRITORIAL ARMY OFFICER POSITIONS OPEN FOR BOTH MALE AND FEMALE.
- DSSSB RECRUITMENT 2023: 863 VACANCIES ACROSS MULTIPLE POSITIONS WITH UP TO RS. 142400 MONTHLY SALARY – APPLY BEFORE 20-12-2023!
- INDIAN AIR FORCE RECRUITMENT 2023: 317 VACANCIES FOR COMMISSIONED OFFICERS IN FLYING AND GROUND DUTY – APPLY NOW!
- AIIMS GORAKHPUR RECRUITMENT 2023: APPLY FOR 61 SENIOR RESIDENT POSITIONS – WALK-IN INTERVIEW ON 06.12.2023!
- Himachal Pradesh Holidays List 2024