Stay up-to-date with the latest current affairs in India with our daily newsletter. Here are the top headlines for September 8, 2023
Current Affairs in India and the World | September 8, 2023
- PM Modi to attend ASEAN-India, East Asia Summits in Jakarta
- Rajesh Nambiar elected new NASSCOM chairperson
- India Post partners with Shiprocket to boost e-commerce exports
- G20 summit 2023 to be held in New Delhi with “One Earth One Family One Future” as theme
- India Drone Shakti-2023 to be held in Ghaziabad
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be visiting Jakarta, Indonesia on September 9-10 to attend the 20th ASEAN-India Summit and the 18th East Asia Summit. The ASEAN-India Summit is being organized under the chairmanship of Indonesia this year. PM Modi will also hold bilateral meetings with the leaders of other participating countries.
- The Union Cabinet has approved Rs 1164.53 crore for the Industrial Development Scheme (IDS) 2017 in Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. The scheme aims to promote industrial development in these two states by providing financial assistance to entrepreneurs.
- Technology industry body Nasscom has appointed Cognizant India Chairman and Managing Director Rajesh Nambiar as its new chairperson. Nambiar has replaced Ananth Maheshwari, former president of Microsoft India, as the new chairman.
- India Post has partnered with Shiprocket to strengthen the e-commerce export ecosystem. The partnership will help Indian exporters to reach a wider audience and improve their shipping efficiency.
- The 18th G20 Summit will be held in New Delhi on September 9-10 under the chairmanship of India. The theme of the summit is “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam – One Earth, One Family, One Future.” The summit will be attended by leaders of the G20 member countries and invited guests.
- The Indian Air Force and Drone Federation of India will co-host Bharat Drone Shakti-2023 at Indian Air Force airbase in Hindon Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh from September 25-26. The event will showcase the latest drone technologies and their applications.
- Gopal Agarwal has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of Anupam Rasayan India. Agarwal is a chemical engineer with over 25 years of experience in the industry. He has held senior positions at various companies, including BASF and Bayer.
- The Indian government has approved the construction of a new airport in Dholera, Gujarat. The airport will be built at a cost of Rs 10,000 crore and is expected to be completed by 2025.
- The Supreme Court has directed the Centre to release Rs 100 crore to the National Disaster Response Fund (NDRF) to help flood-affected states. The court has also asked the Centre to submit a report on the steps taken to mitigate the impact of floods.
Stay Updated | Current Affairs | September 8, 2023
- Follow us on Facebook , Telegram and Twitter for the latest Education News updates and Daily Current Affairs
- Subscribe to our website for more updates on upcoming exams and results.
Download September 6, 2023 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi and English PDF Here