India’s all-rounder Hardik Pandya loses T20 captaincy; Suryakumar Yadav set to lead against Ireland. Key takeaways from the report.
India’s 29-year-old all-rounder Hardik Pandya has been stripped of the T20 captaincy, according to a report by ESPNcricinfo. The report claims that Pandya will be rested for the upcoming three-match T20I series against Ireland next month, and that Suryakumar Yadav is likely to be appointed captain in his absence.
Pandya was appointed T20 captain in December 2022, following India’s disappointing performance in the T20 World Cup. He led India to a 3-0 series win against West Indies in February, and a 2-1 series win against Sri Lanka in March. However, he has been struggling with a back injury in recent months, and the Indian selectors have decided to rest him for the Ireland series.
Yadav is a 31-year-old right-handed batsman who has been in excellent form in recent months. He was the leading run-scorer in the IPL 2022, and he has also been in good form for India in the T20I format. He has scored 280 runs in 26 T20Is, at an average of 35.00 and a strike rate of 136.36.
Yadav is a good leader, and he is well-respected by his teammates. He is also a very experienced campaigner, and he knows the T20 format inside out. He will be a good choice to lead India against Ireland.
Here are some other key takeaways from the report:
- Hardik Pandya is likely to be rested for the entire Ireland tour, which also includes two T20I matches.
- Rohit Sharma is expected to captain the Indian team in the ODI series against West Indies, which will be played after the Ireland tour.
- KL Rahul is also expected to be rested for the Ireland tour, as he is recovering from a groin injury.
The report adds that the Indian selectors are still undecided on who will be the vice-captain of the team for the Ireland tour. However, it is likely that Rishabh Pant will be given the role.
The Ireland tour is a crucial one for India, as it will be their first international series after the T20 World Cup. The Indian selectors will be looking to use the series to assess the team’s strengths and weaknesses, and to identify players who could be considered for the 2023 World Cup.
- RRC NR Delhi Apprentice Recruitment 2023: Apply Online for 3093 Vacancies
- Indian Military Nursing Service (MNS) Exam 2024: Applications Open for Female Candidates
- IDBI Bank SO Recruitment 2023: Apply for 86 Specialist Officer (SO) Vacancies
- Group A, B, C Posts | 209 Vacancies | NTA Central University Recruitment 2023 | Apply Now!
- AIIMS BATHINDA RECRUITMENT OUR FOR 79 POSTS.
Stay Updated | Hardik Pandya stripped of T20 captaincy
- Follow us on Facebook , Telegram and Twitter for the latest updates and Daily Current Affairs
- Subscribe to our website for more updates on upcoming exams and results.
Thank you for reading about the recent T20 captaincy change in the Indian cricket team. Stay tuned for more updates and don’t forget to subscribe and follow us for the latest cricket news and insights.