India vs West Indies : Read about the exciting Day 2 action between India and West Indies in the 2nd Test, where West Indies trails by 352 runs.
Kraigg Brathwaite and Tagenarine Chanderpaul put on a solid partnership of 71 runs to help West Indies avoid the follow-on on day two of the second Test against India at the Queen’s Park Oval in Trinidad.
Brathwaite was the more aggressive of the two batsmen, scoring 37 runs off 128 balls, while Chanderpaul was more sedate, scoring 33 runs off 95 balls. The pair put on their runs at a run rate of 2.08, which was just enough to keep West Indies ahead of the required run rate for the follow-on.
Kirk McKenzie was the only other West Indies batsman to make a significant contribution, scoring 14 runs off 25 balls. The rest of the batsmen struggled to get going, with only Joshua Da Silva (1) and Jason Holder (6) reaching double figures.
India’s bowlers were once again impressive, with Ravindra Jadeja (1-12) taking wicket.
At the close of play, West Indies were 86-1, trailing India by 352 runs. Brathwaite was unbeaten on 36, while McKenzie was on 14.
- West Indies avoided the follow-on thanks to a solid partnership between Kraigg Brathwaite and Tagenarine Chanderpaul.
- India’s bowlers were once again impressive, with Mohammed Siraj, Jaydev Unadkat, Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja.
- West Indies will need to bat much better on day three if they want to avoid defeat.
West Indies’ batting was once again disappointing, with only Brathwaite and McKenzie making significant contributions. The rest of the batsmen struggled to get going, and they will need to do much better on day three if they want to avoid defeat.
India’s bowlers were once again impressive, with Siraj, Unadkat, Ashwin and with Jadeja taking wicket. They will be looking to build on their good work on day three and bowl West Indies out for a low score.
West Indies will need to bat much better on day three if they want to avoid defeat. They will need to find a way to score more runs and put India under pressure. India, on the other hand, will be looking to build on their good work and bowl West Indies out for a low score.
The match is evenly poised, and it is too early to say who will win. However, it is sure to be an exciting day of cricket.
Also Read Our Latest Posts
- ITBPF RECRUITMENT 2023: APPLY FOR ASSISTANT COMMANDANT – LIMITED VACANCIES
- RBI RECRUITMENT 2023: APPLY FOR18 VACANCIES.
- RAILWAYS RECRUITMENT OUT FOR 54 VACANCIES.
- Railway Recruitment out for Group C & Group D Posts !
- UIDAI AADHAR RECRUITMENT 2023: MULTIPLE VACANCIES FOR DEPUTY DIRECTOR, SECTION OFFICER, AND MORE AT NEW DELHI HEAD OFFICE.