In this daily briefing, we bring you the latest and most important events from around the world for October 13th, 2023. Access the free PDF to keep yourself informed.
Welcome to our daily current affairs update for October 13th, 2023. In today’s fast-paced world, it’s crucial to stay informed about the latest developments, and we’re here to help you with that.
1. Indo-American Chamber of Commerce’s New National President
Pankaj Bohra, a distinguished chartered accountant hailing from Ahmedabad, has taken over the role of National President of the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC). IACC, founded in 1968, fosters bilateral trade and investment between India and the United States, with 27 partner organizations in the US and 14 offices across India.
2. World Sight Day 2023
October 12th marks the observance of World Sight Day, celebrated annually on the second Thursday of October. The theme for this year is ‘Love your eyes at work,’ emphasizing awareness about eye-related diseases and the importance of eye health worldwide.
3. Inauguration of the 9th G20 Parliament Speakers Summit
The Prime Minister is set to inaugurate the 9th G20 Parliament Speakers Summit (P20) on October 13th in New Delhi. Hosted by the Parliament of India under the broader framework of India’s G20 presidency, the summit will witness participation from parliamentary speakers of G20 member nations and invited countries.
4. BRICS Competition Conference Inaugurated
Justice Ashok Bhushan, Chairman of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT), inaugurated the 8th BRICS Competition Conference 2023 in New Delhi. Organized by the Competition Commission of India (CCI) from October 11 to 13, 2023, the event welcomes representatives from various international organizations and heads of BRICS competition authorities.
5. Bridge Projects in Arunachal Pradesh
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari has granted approval for seven bridge projects in Arunachal Pradesh under the Setu Bandhan Scheme, with a total investment of Rs 118.50 crore. These projects aim to enhance connectivity and promote economic development in the region.
6. Gangetic Dolphin Declared State Aquatic Animal
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has officially declared the Gangetic Dolphin as the state’s aquatic animal. With its scientific name Platanista gangetica, the Ganga dolphin holds an endangered status on the IUCN Red List and was recognized as India’s National Aquatic Animal in 2009.
7. Residential Education Scheme for Scheduled Caste Students
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has launched the ‘Residential Education Scheme for Students in High Schools in Targeted Areas’ (SHRESHTA) to promote the comprehensive development of Scheduled Caste students. Around 3,000 students with parents’ annual incomes below Rs 2.5 lakh will be selected through a national-level examination conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) each year.
8. Special Cleanliness Campaign 3.0
The Ministry of Culture has identified 449 sites across India for cleanliness under the Special Cleanliness Campaign 3.0. The campaign’s second phase began on October 2, following the first phase from September 15 to September 30, 2023.
9. Operation Iron Sword
Israel has named its ongoing campaign against Hamas as ‘Operation Iron Sword.’ Hamas, a Palestinian militant group controlling parts of the Gaza Strip, is the target of this operation. The Gaza Strip is a densely populated area between Israel, Egypt, and the Mediterranean Sea.
10. BHEL’s New Director
Bani Verma has been appointed as the Director of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) in charge of Industrial Systems and Products. BHEL is a prominent public sector company and the largest power generation equipment manufacturer in India’s central public sector.
11. Honorary Doctorate for Tanzanian President
Tanzanian President Samia Suluhu Hassan has been awarded an honorary doctorate by Jawaharlal Nehru University during her visit to India, becoming the first woman to receive this honor. Tanzania’s capital is Dodoma, and President Samia is on a four-day visit to India.
12. Mukesh Ambani Tops Hurun India Rich List 2023
Mukesh Ambani has surpassed Gautam Adani to become the richest Indian according to the Hurun India Rich List 2023. Mukesh Ambani’s wealth has grown from ₹165,100 crore in 2014 to approximately ₹808,700 crore. The list was released by Hurun India and 360 Wealth.
13. Bharat NCX 2023
‘Bharat NCX 2023,’ the National Cyber Security Exercise, was inaugurated by Ajay Kumar Sood, the Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government of India. The event, organized by the National Security Council Secretariat and National Defense University, runs until October 20th.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the establishment of ‘Mera Yuva Bharat’ (MY Bharat), an autonomous body for youth development and youth-led development. It will be launched on October 31st, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s birth anniversary.
- India and Tanzania have outlined a 5-year roadmap for defense cooperation during talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Tanzanian President Samia Suluhu Hassan.
- Indian badminton duo Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty secured the top position in the BWF rankings after their gold medal win at the Asian Games.
- Goa is all set to host the 37th National Games, with 43 sports competitions from October 26th to November 9th, featuring participants from all states and union territories of India.
- Maruti Suzuki India has signed an agreement with IDBI Bank for financial solutions related to dealers.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated development projects worth Rs 804 crore and unveiled the statue of freedom fighter Raja Rao Rambaksh Singh in Unnao.
- In the ongoing World Cup 2023, Pakistan achieved the highest successful run chase by defeating Sri Lanka by 6 wickets.
Thank you for choosing us as your source for daily current affairs. We hope you find our updates valuable. Don’t forget to subscribe for more daily news and follow us for the latest updates.
Stay Updated | Top Current Affairs October 13th, 2023
- Follow us on Facebook , Telegram and Twitter for the latest Education News updates and Daily Current Affairs
- Subscribe to our website for more updates on upcoming exams and results.
- Check all open Government Jobs 2023 Here