Get the latest news and highlights for September 12, 2023, in Hindi and English. Download your free PDF for a detailed overview.
Welcome to the latest edition of Today’s Top Current Affairs for September 12, 2023. In this comprehensive report, we bring you the most important news and events from both Hindi and English sources. Stay informed and access our free PDF for an in-depth look at today’s headlines.
New Delhi, September 12, 2023 – In a significant step toward enhancing economic cooperation, India and Saudi Arabia convened the India-Saudi Arabia Investment Forum 2023 in New Delhi. This forum, organized by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry of India, in collaboration with the Saudi Ministry of Investment, marks a crucial milestone in the bilateral relationship between the two nations.
- Over 500 companies from India and Saudi Arabia participated in the forum.
- Saudi Crown Prince pledged to invest $100 billion in diverse sectors of the Indian economy.
- Ministerial Session co-chaired by Shri Piyush Goyal (India) and H.E. Mr. Khalid A. Al Falih (Saudi Arabia).
- Discussions on start-ups, digital infrastructure, investment promotion, and joint projects.
- Identified partnership opportunities in food processing, healthcare, renewable energy, and more.
- Over 45 MoUs signed to deepen economic engagement.
- Strengthens India-Saudi Arabia economic and trade ties.
New Delhi, September 12, 2023 – The much-anticipated call for nominations and recommendations for the esteemed Padma Awards 2024 has been officially announced. Online nominations opened on May 1, 2023, and will remain open until September 15, 2023. The Padma Awards, including the Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan, and Padma Shri, are among India’s highest civilian honors and are presented annually on Republic Day.
- Nominations and recommendations for Padma Awards 2024 are open until September 15, 2023.
- Padma Awards recognize excellence in various fields.
- The awards are open to all individuals, emphasizing inclusivity.
- Government encourages participation in the nomination process, including self-nominations.
- Detailed nomination guidelines available on Rashtriya Puraskar Portal and Padma Awards Portal.
New Delhi, September 12, 2023 – In a significant and solemn ceremony, the Chairman of the Development and Welfare Board for De-Notified, Nomadic, and Semi-Nomadic Communities (DWBDNCs) and the Secretary of the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment administered the oath to the newly nominated Members of DWBDNCs. This ceremony marked an important step in the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment’s commitment to uplifting marginalized communities.
- Oath ceremony welcomes new members to the Development and Welfare Board.
- DWBDNCs plays a crucial role in empowering marginalized communities.
- Diverse expertise brought by new appointees, including experience with De-notified Tribes and child rights protection.
- Focus on implementing the “Scheme for Economic Empowerment of DNTs” with a budget of Rs. 40.00 crore.
- Emphasis on collaboration with states, union territories, and Central Government Ministries to effectively address community needs.
New Delhi, September 12, 2023 – Embracing Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s vision of a cleaner and more efficient India, the Ministry of Development of the North Eastern Region is unwavering in its commitment to promoting cleanliness, reducing bureaucracy, and fostering public participation (Janbhagidari). In this pursuit of good governance and Swachhata, the Ministry actively participated in Special Campaign 2.0, an initiative launched by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances.
- Ministry of Development of North-East Region launches Special Campaign 3.0 for Swachh Bharat.
- A decade-long commitment to cleanliness and efficiency.
- Achievements of Special Campaign 2.0 include file closure, scrap disposal, and office cleanliness.
- Special Campaign 3.0 aims to consolidate past efforts and promote daily cleanliness practices.
New Delhi, September 12, 2023 – In a significant development, the Indian Navy has inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Uber, the ride-sharing giant. The MoU aims to revolutionize the mobility options available to Naval personnel and their families throughout the country.
- Indian Navy collaborates with Uber to enhance mobility for personnel and families.
- A groundbreaking partnership to improve quality of life.
- Exclusive benefits include personalized profiles, surge price protection, top-rated drivers, zero cancellation fees, and 24/7 support.
- Alignment with the Chief of Naval Staff’s vision of ‘Happy Personnel’ and the ‘Digital India’ initiative.
New Delhi, September 12, 2023 – The Ministry of Culture, Government of India, curated an exhibition titled ‘Bharat: The Mother of Democracy.’ Held during the G20 Summit from September 8 to 10, 2023, the exhibition provided an immersive experience into India’s democratic traditions.
- Ministry of Culture’s exhibition highlights India’s democratic heritage.
- 26 interactive panels cover various aspects of India’s democratic journey.
- Democracy in India rooted in cultural and historical ethos.
- Iconic sculpture symbolizes India’s democratic spirit.
New Delhi, September 12, 2023 – India has taken a leading role in the formation of the Global Biofuels Alliance (GBA), a visionary initiative led by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. This alliance aims to reduce global reliance on conventional fossil fuels, particularly petrol and diesel.
- India launches the Global Biofuels Alliance (GBA).
- GBA receives support from 19 countries and 12 international organizations.
- The alliance aims to promote biofuels adoption and transform the energy sector.
- GBA supports India’s biofuel programs and offers export opportunities.
New Delhi, September 11, 2023 – The Intel AI Global Impact Festival 2023 is back, and it’s set to be a digital celebration of AI innovation and learning. With a theme of “Building Digital Readiness,” this event promises to bridge the gap between AI innovation and education.
Intel® AI Global Impact Festival 2023 returns with a focus on AI innovation and learning. The event features virtual accessibility, micro-learning modules, and a global showcase of AI innovations. Participants can explore best AI skilling practices and engage in various activities. The festival takes place from September 13th to 20th, 2023.
New Delhi, September 10, 2023 – The recently concluded G20 Leaders’ Summit in Delhi showcased India’s leadership in global unity and cooperation. Among the significant outcomes of the summit was the unanimous endorsement of tourism and culture as catalysts for sustainable socio-economic development and prosperity. The ‘G20 Leaders Declaration’ emphasized the pivotal role of the ‘Goa Roadmap for Tourism’ in advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- G20 Leaders endorse the ‘Goa Roadmap for Tourism.’
- The roadmap highlights five priorities for sustainable tourism.
- The Ministry of Tourism launches the G20 Tourism and SDG Dashboard.
- ‘Tourism for Tomorrow’ competition to identify best practices.
- ‘Travel for LiFE’ initiative promotes environmental actions in tourism.
Other Important Current affairs in One Line
- 🏆 Coco Gauff, a 19-year-old American tennis player, won the US Open 2023 women’s singles title, defeating Aryna Sabalenka of Belarus in the final. It’s her first Grand Slam title, achieved after a remarkable comeback.
- 🔬 Twelve scientists were honored with the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award for 2022 in seven different categories, making it a top annual award in science. Dr. N. CSIR Director General Kalaiselvi announced the awards in the presence of Union Science and Technology Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh.
- 🌍 The African Union became a new permanent member of the G20 summit, increasing the group’s membership to 19 countries and two unions. President Azali Assoumani of the African Union attended the conference, marking a significant development for the continental union.
- ⚽ India’s Under-16 football team clinched the SAFF U-16 Championship 2023 title by defeating Bangladesh 2-0 in the final, with Suraj Singh receiving the Best Goalkeeper award.
- 🌊 The heads of Asian coast guard agencies convened in Istanbul, Turkey, for a meeting, led by Indian Coast Guard Director General Rakesh Pal. The previous edition of this meeting took place in New Delhi in 2022.
- 🇧🇷 During the New Delhi G20 summit, PM Modi handed over the G20 presidency to Brazil’s President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva. India had assumed the chairmanship from Indonesia and would remain the President of G20 until November 30.
- 🎾 Serbia’s Novak Djokovic secured his fourth US Open men’s singles title by defeating Daniil Medvedev. This victory marked his 24th Grand Slam title, establishing him as a tennis legend.
Stay Updated | Top Current Affairs September 12, 2023
- Follow us on Facebook , Telegram and Twitter for the latest Education News updates and Daily Current Affairs
- Subscribe to our website for more updates on upcoming exams and results.
Download September 12, 2023 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi and English PDF Here
Thank you for reading today’s top current affairs. Stay ahead with our daily updates. Don’t forget to subscribe and follow for more news and analysis.