Dive into the most significant events of September 15, 2023, with our comprehensive current affairs report available in both Hindi and English.
Top Current Affairs September 15, 2023
Welcome to today’s top current affairs roundup for September 15, 2023. We bring you a curated selection of the most important news stories in both Hindi and English.
New Chief Electoral Officer of Arunachal Pradesh Appointed on September 14, 2023
On September 14, 2023, the Election Commission of India appointed Sh. Pawan Kumar Sain, IAS (AGMUT:2005), as the new Chief Electoral Officer of Arunachal Pradesh, replacing Smt. Padmini Singla, IAS.
- Sh. Pawan Kumar Sain, IAS, has been appointed as the new Chief Electoral Officer of Arunachal Pradesh.
- This appointment replaces Smt. Padmini Singla, IAS.
- The decision was made by the Election Commission of India on September 14, 2023.
India Achieves Global Recognition as 13th Country for OIML Certificates
India has become the 13th country worldwide authorized to issue internationally accepted OIML (International Organization of Legal Metrology) certificates. This allows domestic manufacturers to test and sell weighing and measuring instruments in the international market, creating opportunities for revenue generation and employment. India’s adherence to OIML recommendations and testing procedures has made it an authority for issuing OIML pattern approval certificates, benefiting both domestic and foreign manufacturers while influencing OIML policies.
- India is now the 13th country globally authorized to issue OIML certificates.
- Domestic manufacturers can test and sell weighing and measuring instruments internationally, saving on testing fees.
- India’s adherence to OIML standards allows it to issue internationally accepted OIML pattern approval certificates.
- India can generate revenue by providing OIML certificates to foreign manufacturers.
- India may influence OIML’s policies and contribute to international trade facilitation.
- This achievement reflects India’s commitment to quality standards and international trade.
- The announcement was made by the Secretary (Consumer Affairs), Shri Rohit Kumar Singh, in a press conference attended by Mr. Paul Dixon from OIML’s Paris Headquarters.
NFDC ScreenWriters’ Lab 2023: Eight Dynamic Writers and Diverse Projects Unveiled
The 16th edition of NFDC ScreenWriters’ Lab 2023 has unveiled eight diverse projects and their writers from across India. These projects cover various genres, including magic realism, fantasy, horror/thriller, women’s empowerment, cross-border politics, LGBTQ+ issues, and mental illness. The selected screenwriters, who are also filmmakers, have written their scripts in multiple languages. The lab aims to develop and promote original voices in Indian cinema.
- NFDC ScreenWriters’ Lab 2023 reveals eight unique projects and their writers.
- The projects span various genres and languages.
- The lab supports emerging and established screenwriters.
- Mentors and evaluators from India and around the world guide the participants.
- Previous successful projects from the lab include renowned films like “LUNCHBOX” and “LIPSTICK UNDER MY BURKHA.”
The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has approved nine defense acquisition proposals worth approximately Rs 45,000 crore, aligning with the ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ vision to promote indigenous manufacturing and enhance India’s defense capabilities. These proposals cover various aspects of defense, including mechanized forces, the Indian Navy, and the Indian Air Force, and emphasize increased indigenization in defense projects.
- The DAC has greenlit nine capital acquisition proposals valued at Rs 45,000 crore, supporting ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat.’
- Procurements will fall under the Buy (Indian-Indigenously Designed Developed and Manufactured) and Buy (Indian) categories, reinforcing indigenous defense production.
- Initiatives include Light Armoured Multipurpose Vehicles (LAMV), Integrated Surveillance and Targeting System (ISAT-S), and High Mobility Vehicle (HMV) Gun Towing Vehicles.
- The Indian Navy’s capabilities will be boosted by Next Generation Survey Vessels for hydrographic operations.
- The Indian Air Force will see enhancements through avionic upgrades, Dhruvastra Short Range Air-to-Surface Missiles, and Su-30 MKI Aircraft procurement.
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh emphasizes elevating indigenization ambitions to a minimum of 60-65% indigenous content.
- These approvals signify progress towards a self-reliant and resilient defense industry in India.
One-liner Important Current Affairs
📌 Oil India Limited’s Investment: Investing 25,000 crores to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2040.
📌 Indian Female Cricket Player: Harmanpreet Kaur included in the 2023 Time 100 Next list.
📌 Gopal Baglay appointed as the new High Commissioner of India to Australia, succeeding Manpreet Vohra.
📌 Joshit Ranjan Sikidar assumed the position of Director (Finance) at Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI).
📌 Uttarakhand government approved a new policy for the service sector, aiming to create 20 lakh employment opportunities and facilitate skill development for 10 lakh workers.
📌 Mita Vashishtha appointed as the chairperson of the Governing Council for Haryana Film and Entertainment Policy.
📌 Hindi Diwas is celebrated on 14 September, marking the adoption of Hindi as India’s official language.
📌 Madan Lal Regar appointed as the next Indian Ambassador to the Republic of Congo, where India launched a diplomatic mission in 2019.
Stay Updated | Top Current Affairs September 15, 2023
- Follow us on Facebook , Telegram and Twitter for the latest Education News updates and Daily Current Affairs
- Subscribe to our website for more updates on upcoming exams and results.