The CBSE Reading Challenge 2023-24 is a remarkable opportunity for students in classes 6 to 10 to enhance their reading comprehension and critical thinking skills. This initiative, brought to you by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), has been instrumental in promoting reading literacy among students since its inception in 2019. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll delve into the various aspects of the challenge, including its objectives, eligibility criteria, application process, exam patterns, rules, key dates, awards, and frequently asked questions.
CBSE Reading Challenge 2023-24
About the Challenge
The CBSE Reading Challenge is an initiative by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to promote Reading Literacy among students. Since its inception in 2019, this annual challenge has successfully engaged students in various reading stimuli and assessed their abilities in several critical areas.
The contest aims to:
- Enhance reading with comprehension and accuracy.
- Develop the ability to construct meaning by retrieving information and integrating it with prior knowledge.
- Encourage students to interpret information and draw inferences.
- Promote reflection and evaluation to judge the quality and credibility of text.
The challenge is open to students in classes 6 to 10, with two categories:
- Category I: Classes 6 – 7.
- Category II: Classes 8 – 10.
The application process for CBSE Reading Challenge 2023-24 is now open online on the official website. Please note that the application process for stage 1 and stage 2 is separate. Here are the details:
CBSE Reading Challenge 2023 1st Stage
- Schools looking to register for this test must be affiliated with CBSE.
- Schools can register on behalf of their students for stage 1 only.
- Ensure all candidate details in the application form are accurate.
- There is no application fee for the first stage.
- Students cannot register themselves for the 1st stage.
CBSE Reading Challenge 2023 2nd Stage
- Only students who clear the 1st round will be allowed to register for the 2nd stage.
- Students can register themselves for the 2nd round after clearing the 1st stage.
- Only six students from each class are eligible for 2nd stage registration.
- An application fee is applicable for the second round.
- After submitting the application form, remember to take a printout for future reference.
Good news! There is no registration fee for any of the two stages of the CBSE Reading Challenge. It’s designed as an enriching activity accessible to all students.
CBSE Reading Challenge 2023 Exam Pattern – Rounds
Understanding the exam pattern is essential for success. Here’s what you need to know:
For Stage 1
- The contest focuses on reading in English.
- Schools will receive question papers as per the schedule.
- The question paper will include five to eight passages, followed by objective-type questions.
- Speed matters – students who answer questions quickly will be selected.
- Successful candidates will be shortlisted for stage 2.
For Stage 2
- The stage 2 examination will be online, conducted as a computer-based test.
- It is exclusively for students who clear stage 1 and register before the last date.
- Details regarding the stage 2 examination will be communicated after stage 1.
The challenge focuses on both speed and accuracy. Students will be presented with a reading challenge paper containing various reading tasks followed by objective-type questions. To access the official notification, click here.
CBSE Reading Challenge 2023-24: Key Dates
Mark these important dates on your calendar:
|Releasing of Official Notification||23.08.2023|
|Starting of the Registration Process||Now Open|
|Question Paper Availability for Registered Schools||To Be Announced|
|Exam Date for Stage 1||To Be Announced|
|Start of Registration for Stage 2||To Be Announced|
|Date of Examination for Stage 2||To Be Announced|
Awards and Recognition
Participating in the CBSE Reading Challenge has its perks:
- All stage 2 participants will receive online participation and appreciation certificates from the Board.
- The top 50 candidates from every region will receive merit certificates.
- This challenge not only boosts your knowledge but also your confidence. Schools are encouraged to rally their students to participate in large numbers.
CBSE Reading Challenge 2023 Result
Wondering how the results will be announced? Here’s the scoop:
- The first round’s results, based on reading skills, will be declared by the school (two each for class 8th, 9th, and 10th).
- If more than 6 students perform equally well, the school will organize a suitable screening test to identify the best 6 students.
- Stage 2 results will be released online through the official board website.
- Best scholars will be recognized according to the terms.
Frequently Asked Questions – CBSE Reading Challenge 2023-24
Got questions? We’ve got answers!
1. My school is not interested in taking part in the CBSE Reading Challenge 2023. Can I apply for this exam on my own?
- No, the students need to participate through their schools only. The CBSE will not accept individual applications.
2. What abilities of the student will be tested in the CBSE Reading challenge?
- The following abilities of the student will be tested during the challenge:
- The ability to read with accuracy and process text to understand it.
- The ability to read with comprehension.
- The ability to construct meaning by retrieving information, relating text to their previous knowledge, and integrating information.
- The ability to interpret information and draw inferences.
- The ability to reflect and evaluate to assess the quality and credibility of the text.
3. In which mode will the stage 2 of CBSE Reading Challenge 2023 be conducted?
- Stage 2 of the examination will be conducted in online mode as a computer-based test.
4. Is there any application fee that I need to submit along with the stage 1 application form?
- No, there is no application fee for stage 1.
5. What is the application fee for the stage 2 application?
- There is no application fee prescribed for stage 2.
Get ready to embrace the CBSE Reading Challenge 2023-24 and elevate your reading skills to new heights! Don