“Sports teaches you character, it teaches you to play by the rules, it teaches you to know what it feels like to win and lose – it teaches you about life.” – Billie Jean King
Union Minister Anurag Singh Thakur has announced a Rs 3,200 crore investment in the development of sports facilities in India, as part of the Khelo India campaign. This investment is expected to boost India’s sporting capabilities and encourage more young people to take up sports as a career.
Union Minister Anurag Singh Thakur has announced that a whopping amount of Rs 3,200 crore will be invested in the development of sports facilities in India over the next five years, as part of the Khelo India campaign. The Minister, who is in charge of Youth Affairs & Sports and Information & Broadcasting, made the announcement during a visit to Himachal Pradesh. He stated that this investment will ensure that the best sports facilities are available to players all over the country.
During his visit, Thakur inaugurated new sports facilities at the SAI National Centre of Excellence (NCOE) in Anu, Hamirpur district. These facilities include badminton courts, a boxing hall, and a judo hall, which have been installed and operationalized by the Sports Authority of India NCOE Hamirpur. The Minister appreciated SAI’s efforts in successfully installing these courts in a short time and expressed his happiness at the opening of the new badminton courts, new lighting system, wrestling and judo mats, and more.
This investment in sports facilities is expected to boost India’s sporting capabilities and encourage more young people to take up sports as a career. The Khelo India campaign was launched in 2018 by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports with the aim of promoting sports in the country and identifying and nurturing young talent. With this new investment, the campaign is expected to reach new heights in the coming years.
Khelo India is a national program for the development of sports in India. Here are some important key points and dates to remember about the Khelo India campaign:
- The Khelo India program was launched by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India, in 2018.
- The program aims to promote sports at the grassroot level and to identify and support talented athletes across the country.
- The program has two components – Khelo India School Games and Khelo India Youth Games.
- The Khelo India School Games were launched in 2018 and are held annually. The games are open to school students in the age group of 10 to 18 years and are aimed at identifying and nurturing young talent in sports.
- The Khelo India Youth Games were launched in 2019 and are also held annually. The games are open to athletes in the age group of 15 to 18 years and are aimed at providing a platform for talented athletes to showcase their skills and compete at the national level.
- The Khelo India program has a budget of Rs. 1,756 crore for the period 2018-2020.
- The program has been successful in identifying and supporting talented athletes from across the country. Many of these athletes have gone on to represent India at the international level.
- The Khelo India program has also helped in the development of sports infrastructure in the country. The program has provided funding for the construction and renovation of sports facilities across the country.
- The Khelo India program has received widespread support from sports federations, athletes, and the general public. It is seen as an important initiative to promote sports in the country and to identify and nurture young talent.
Here are some important dates to remember about the Khelo India campaign:
- The Khelo India School Games were first held from January 31 to February 8, 2018.
- The second edition of the Khelo India School Games was held from January 9 to January 20, 2019.
- The Khelo India Youth Games were first held from January 9 to January 20, 2019.
- The second edition of the Khelo India Youth Games was held from January 10 to January 22, 2020.
- The Khelo India Winter Games were held from March 7 to March 11, 2020.
- The Khelo India University Games were held from February 22 to March 1, 2020.
It is important to note that the dates for future editions of the Khelo India program may be subject to change.
Officail Website of Khelo India